Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Rails 0.14.1 and Agile Web Development on Rails

Rails 0.14.1 and Agile Web Development on Rails

basi

Hello,

Following the instructions on Agile Rails book, to produce the Admin
controller of the Products table in the Depot app, I enter the
following command:

depot> ruby script/generate scaffold Product Admin

I expect Rails to produce admin_controller.rb; instead it produced
products_controller.rb. Hence, the instruction to point the browser to:
localhost:3000/admin does not work. What works is:
localhost:3000/product. I'm just trying to verify if this is now how it
should be, i.e., the controller for maintaining a table has the same
name as the table itself.

When I create go to create a new product, the product form does not
look correct. The Title and Description fields are of the same size as
the Image URL field -- huge.

I'm using Rails 0.14.1.

Thanks,
gk

James Edward Gray II

On Oct 23, 2005, at 8:37 PM, basi wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Following the instructions on Agile Rails book, to produce the Admin
> controller of the Products table in the Depot app, I enter the
> following command:
>
> depot> ruby script/generate scaffold Product Admin

This is a known issue. See:

http://blogs.pragprog.com/cgi-bin/pragdave.cgi

James Edward Gray II

basi

Thank you. Wonder if the previous Rails version is still available.
gk

Stephen Waits

On Oct 23, 2005, at 9:07 PM, basi wrote:

> Thank you. Wonder if the previous Rails version is still available.

Sure, just specify the version when installing the gem. You might
also want to check out the Rails mailing list.

--Steve

basi

Stephen Waits wrote:
> On Oct 23, 2005, at 9:07 PM, basi wrote:
>
> > Thank you. Wonder if the previous Rails version is still available.

> Sure, just specify the version when installing the gem. You might
> also want to check out the Rails mailing list.
>
> --Steve

Thanks!
gk