Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > curl up gem to rubyforge

Reply
Thread Tools

curl up gem to rubyforge

 
 
Ara.T.Howard
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-19-2005

anyone out there figured out a way via curl, or otherwise, to automatically
upload a gem to a rubyforge account? i've got about 30 to upload and am not
about to do it by hand

cheers.

-a
--
================================================== =============================
| email :: ara [dot] t [dot] howard [at] noaa [dot] gov
| phone :: 303.497.6469
| anything that contradicts experience and logic should be abandoned.
| -- h.h. the 14th dalai lama
================================================== =============================



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Austin Ziegler
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-19-2005
On 10/19/05, Ara.T.Howard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> anyone out there figured out a way via curl, or otherwise, to automatical=

ly
> upload a gem to a rubyforge account? i've got about 30 to upload and am =

not
> about to do it by hand


Yes. Look at the Rakefile for PDF::Writer. I'm using Aslak's code
(it's *not* Damage Control, by the way) to upload.

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
* Alternate: (E-Mail Removed)


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Ara.T.Howard
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-20-2005
On Thu, 20 Oct 2005, Austin Ziegler wrote:

> On 10/19/05, Ara.T.Howard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> anyone out there figured out a way via curl, or otherwise, to automatically
>> upload a gem to a rubyforge account? i've got about 30 to upload and am not
>> about to do it by hand

>
> Yes. Look at the Rakefile for PDF::Writer. I'm using Aslak's code (it's
> *not* Damage Control, by the way) to upload.


thanks much austin - i won't get to it for a few days - but i need it badly.

-a
--
================================================== =============================
| email :: ara [dot] t [dot] howard [at] noaa [dot] gov
| phone :: 303.497.6469
| anything that contradicts experience and logic should be abandoned.
| -- h.h. the 14th dalai lama
================================================== =============================



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RubyForge gem source index busted Charles Oliver Nutter Ruby 5 02-07-2007 01:45 PM
RubyGems 0.9.1 calling a gem with gem '<gem>' Austin 7873 Ruby 5 01-27-2007 10:05 PM
Installing a gem locally (RubyForge.org unreachable) Phrogz Ruby 6 10-12-2005 04:41 PM
RubyForge project and gem distriubtion James Britt Ruby 93 08-17-2004 03:21 AM
[ANN] [Slightly OT] [RubyForge] Anonymous CVS on RubyForge was broken for numerous projects... Tom Copeland Ruby 0 09-06-2003 05:44 PM



Advertisments