Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Facebook... only 154 to go?

Facebook... only 154 to go?

Hal Fulton

I added my own pic just now. You should, too...
it's mostly painless.

http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?RubyConf2005Facebook

Cheers,
Hal

Wilson Bilkovich

It seems like we've got two separate revisions going, neither of which
has everyone:
Here's the version that Hal Fulton is on:
http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?actio...05Facebook&re=
vision=3D106

..and here's a revision close to what you actually see on the page right no=
w..
http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?actio...05Facebook&re=
vision=3D24

Someone want to freeze the page and merge them, or is there a better
way to get everyone in one place?

--Wilson.

On 10/10/05, Hal Fulton <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I added my own pic just now. You should, too...
> it's mostly painless.
>
> http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?RubyConf2005Facebook
>

> Cheers,
> Hal

rubyhacker@gmail.com

Hmm. How did we end up with two?

I prefer the numbered one, I think.

Hal

Austin Ziegler

On 10/11/05, Wilson Bilkovich <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Someone want to freeze the page and merge them, or is there a better
> way to get everyone in one place?

I suspect that one of these is in the tarpit. If your title bar says
RUBY, then you're in the tarpit and need to log in so as to modify the
real page.

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
* Alternate: (E-Mail Removed)

Jamis Buck

On Oct 11, 2005, at 1:57 PM, Austin Ziegler wrote:

> On 10/11/05, Wilson Bilkovich <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Someone want to freeze the page and merge them, or is there a better
>> way to get everyone in one place?

> I suspect that one of these is in the tarpit. If your title bar says
> RUBY, then you're in the tarpit and need to log in so as to modify the
> real page.

Okay. That's really annoying. I understand the purpose of the tarpit,
but it looks like a goodly number of us got snared by it
inadvertantly. This Facebook idea was good, but the wiki has done
anything but facilitate it, it seems.

/me throws his hands up in disgust.

- Jamis

Bill Kelly

From: "Austin Ziegler" <(E-Mail Removed)>

> If your title bar says RUBY, then you're in the tarpit and
> need to log in so as to modify the real page.

To clarify, does case matter here? My title bar says "Ruby: ..."
Is it only uppercase "RUBY" that indicates the tarpit?

Regards,

Bill

Austin Ziegler

On 10/11/05, Bill Kelly <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> From: "Austin Ziegler" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> >
> > If your title bar says RUBY, then you're in the tarpit and
> > need to log in so as to modify the real page.

> To clarify, does case matter here? My title bar says "Ruby: ..."
> Is it only uppercase "RUBY" that indicates the tarpit?

Case matters. I'm not sure that this is a case of the tarpit, having
looked at it. I think that it is simply stomped editing. If I have
time, later, I may go through and try to put it all right, when I put
my picture up (haven't decided which picture to use).

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * (E-Mail Removed)
* Alternate: (E-Mail Removed)

Wilson Bilkovich

OK.. I made an account, and now the title bar says 'Ruby', rather than 'RUB=
Y'.
I checked the two lists against each other, and added the four missing
people to the 'real' list.
44. Wilson Bilkovich
45. Steven Baker
46. Jeremy Hubert
47. JamisBuck

It's evil that the "correct" list isn't directly viewable without
logging in, though.

On 10/11/05, Austin Ziegler <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 10/11/05, Bill Kelly <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > From: "Austin Ziegler" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> > >
> > > If your title bar says RUBY, then you're in the tarpit and
> > > need to log in so as to modify the real page.

> > To clarify, does case matter here? My title bar says "Ruby: ..."
> > Is it only uppercase "RUBY" that indicates the tarpit?

> Case matters. I'm not sure that this is a case of the tarpit, having
> looked at it. I think that it is simply stomped editing. If I have
> time, later, I may go through and try to put it all right, when I put
> my picture up (haven't decided which picture to use).
>
> -austin
> --
> Austin Ziegler * (E-Mail Removed)
> * Alternate: (E-Mail Removed)

James Britt

Wilson Bilkovich wrote:
> OK.. I made an account, and now the title bar says 'Ruby', rather than 'RUBY'.
> I checked the two lists against each other, and added the four missing
> people to the 'real' list.
> 44. Wilson Bilkovich
> 45. Steven Baker
> 46. Jeremy Hubert
> 47. JamisBuck
>
> It's evil that the "correct" list isn't directly viewable without
> logging in, though.

Just how *does* one log in? The log in page (I think I found it)
appears, for me right now, to be in the tarpit a well.

Although, just now, navigating from the main page, I was able to get to
what I think is the low-tar Face page.

James

James Britt

Bill Kelly wrote:
> From: "Austin Ziegler" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>
>>If your title bar says RUBY, then you're in the tarpit and
>>need to log in so as to modify the real page.

> To clarify, does case matter here? My title bar says "Ruby: ..."
> Is it only uppercase "RUBY" that indicates the tarpit?

And where is the hoodwink.d layer so we can all leave snarky comments
about the pix?

James