Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > With a Ruby Yell: more, more more!

With a Ruby Yell: more, more more!

Robert Klemme

It seems to me that we have a significant raise in "newby" posts in the last
two or three months. This means Ruby's momentum increases and it's
attracting more and more people! Folks, this is *great* news! And this is
such a great place to be! I hope, we can keep it like that.

Sorry, I just had to say it.

robert

Brian Mitchell

On 9/28/05, Robert Klemme <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> It seems to me that we have a significant raise in "newby" posts in the l=

ast
> two or three months. This means Ruby's momentum increases and it's
> attracting more and more people! Folks, this is *great* news! And this =

is
> such a great place to be! I hope, we can keep it like that.
>
> Sorry, I just had to say it.
>
> robert

/me joins the cheering! How could we every complain when we have Ruby?

Brian.

klancaster1957@gmail.com

Glad to know you guys don't mind our nuby ruby posts! Actually, one of
the things that I have liked about this group is the relative lack of
RTFM rude responses! And I hope you are really sincere about dealing
with more of us - I just disovered Ruby /Rails and have been
evangelizing like crazy. Heard from one of my friends that a mutual
friend that I had told about Ruby has been coming down periodically to
his office to talk about the latest cool thing in the language that he
had discovered.

Another reason I like Ruby - used it as a (at least partially
legitimate) reason with my wife to get a new Powerbook and TextMate!
Truly programmer heaven.

Keith

Sean O'Halpin

On 9/28/05, Robert Klemme <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> It seems to me that we have a significant raise in "newby" posts in the l=

ast
> two or three months. This means Ruby's momentum increases and it's
> attracting more and more people! Folks, this is *great* news! And this =

is
> such a great place to be! I hope, we can keep it like that.
>
> Sorry, I just had to say it.
>
> robert

Robert,

You're one of the people that has made ruby-talk such a great place to be.

Sorry, I just had to say that (to quote someone

Sean

travis laduke

On Sep 28, 2005, at 9:01 PM, Kevin Ballard wrote:

> On 2005-09-28 21:57:46 -0400, "(E-Mail Removed)"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>

>> Glad to know you guys don't mind our nuby ruby posts! Actually,
>> one of
>> the things that I have liked about this group is the relative lack of
>> RTFM rude responses!
>>

> Check out this page:
>
> http://rubygarden.org/ruby?MatzIsNiceAndSoWeAreNice
>
> --
> "And remember, no matter where you go, there you are."
> -Buckaroo Banzai

I'm new here too and I agree! I've asked questions on less friendly
lists...
I guess everyone is in such a good mood because ruby syntax is so nice?
I bet I won't even get scolded for this "me too" post

Jeff Wood

------=_Part_453_12139458.1127975862182

me neither =3D) ( sorry had to chime in ... I do appreciate the chance to p=
ass
along what we learn here... )

j.

"http://ruby-lang.org -- do you ruby?"