Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Share config between sub web apps

Share config between sub web apps

Martin

Hi,

How can I share config data between different web apps?

If I have 2 sub apps, can they inherit the config of the parent app? Is
this the best way to share config between different web apps?

Thanks
Martin

Rick Strahl [MVP]

Hi Martin,

..Config files are application/virtual specific so if you define a new
virtual it will use a new .Config file. However, if you have subdirectories
underneath a Web and don't define the subs as virtuals then the .Config
settings inherit.

I don't think there's a way to share .Config files across applications other
than some mechanism to copy the files automatically (using something like
RoboCopy or a custom file watcher).

+++ Rick ---

--

Rick Strahl