Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Article: The Fine Art of Computer Programming

Article: The Fine Art of Computer Programming

Christophe Grandsire

Hi,

Just found this great article from the Free Software Magazine:

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/...ftware_as_art/

It focusses on various issues about programming, like fun in writing
*and* reading code, literate programming, etc... Since fun in
programming is a recurrent theme among Rubyists, and there is quite a
culture among us of clear, readable code, I thought it might interest
some people here.

As someone who read the METAFONT source code "for fun", I relate very
well to this .
--
Christophe Grandsire.

http://rainbow.conlang.free.fr

daz

Christophe Grandsire wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just found this great article from the Free Software Magazine:
>
> http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/...ftware_as_art/
>
> It focusses on various issues about programming, like fun in writing
> *and* reading code, literate programming, etc... Since fun in
> programming is a recurrent theme among Rubyists, and there is quite a
> culture among us of clear, readable code, I thought it might interest
> some people here.

Appreciated; thanks for linking, Christophe.

daz