Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > [ANN] Ruby Debugging Article at IBM Developerworks

[ANN] Ruby Debugging Article at IBM Developerworks

pat eyler

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerwork...istruby-i.html

The next article is up. (www.bugmenot.com if you don't want to register)

I'm always interested in feedback, if anyone wants to share.=20

--=20
thanks,
-pate
-------------------------
We are often unable to tell people what they need to know, because=20
they want to know something else, and would therefore only=20
misunderstand what we said
- the Raven (George MacDonald, Lilith)

Florian Groß

pat eyler wrote:

> http://www-128.ibm.com/developerwork...istruby-i.html
>
> The next article is up. (www.bugmenot.com if you don't want to register)
>
> I'm always interested in feedback, if anyone wants to share.

Hm, no mention at all of ruby-breakpoint? See
http://ruby-breakpoint.rubyforge.org/

Levin Alexander

T24gOS82LzA1LCBtYXRoZXcgPG1ldGFAcG9ib3guY29tPiB3cm 90ZToKCj4gVGhhdCBpcywgaWYg
SSBoYXZlIHRoZSBzb3VyY2UgZmlsZSBvcGVuIGluIG15IGVkaX RvciwgSSdkIGxpa2UgdG8gYmUK
PiBhYmxlIHRvIHdyaXRlIHNvbWV0aGluZyBsaWtlCj4gCj4gIC AgIHRyaWdnZXJfZGVidWdnZXIg
aWYgJERFQlVHCgokIGdlbSBpbnN0YWxsIHJ1YnktYnJlYWtwb2 ludAoKICByZXF1aXJlICdydWJ5
Z2VtcycKICByZXF1aXJlICdicmVha3BvaW50JwoKICBicmVha3 BvaW50IGlmICRERUJVRwoKcHV0
cyB5b3UgaW50byBhbiBpbnRlcmFjdGl2ZSBpcmIgc2Vzc2lvbg oKLUxldmluCg==

Caleb Clausen

Levin Alexander wrote:

> On 9/6/05, mathew <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> That is, if I have the source file open in my editor, I'd like to be
>> able to write something like
>>
>> trigger_debugger if $DEBUG

> $ gem install ruby-breakpoint
>
> require 'rubygems'
> require 'breakpoint'
>
> breakpoint if $DEBUG
>=20
> puts you into an interactive irb session

Or, to stop in the debugger, try this:

defined? DEBUGGER__ and Process.kill("INT",0)