Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Problems with the Jamis RDoc format

Problems with the Jamis RDoc format

Jim Weirich

I've been using the jamis rdoc format for some time. Recently I noticed that
it is not generating correct HTML output. Scroll down to the bottom of
http://builder.rubyforge.org/classes...XmlMarkup.html to see an
example. The method links go nowhere.

I suspect this has been going on for a while and I just noticed. Is there a
fix somewhere? (At least some of the other templates are ok ... I haven't
tried them all. But I really like the look of the jamis version).

--
-- Jim Weirich http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) http://onestepback.org

Jamis Buck

On Aug 23, 2005, at 10:19 PM, Jim Weirich wrote:

> I've been using the jamis rdoc format for some time. Recently I
> noticed that
> it is not generating correct HTML output. Scroll down to the
> bottom of
> http://builder.rubyforge.org/classes...XmlMarkup.html to see an
> example. The method links go nowhere.
>
> I suspect this has been going on for a while and I just noticed.
> Is there a
> fix somewhere? (At least some of the other templates are ok ... I
> haven't
> tried them all. But I really like the look of the jamis version).

If someone has a fix, I'll be happy to apply it to my copy.

- Jamis

Joel VanderWerf

Jim Weirich wrote:
> I've been using the jamis rdoc format for some time. Recently I noticed that
> it is not generating correct HTML output. Scroll down to the bottom of
> http://builder.rubyforge.org/classes...XmlMarkup.html to see an
> example. The method links go nowhere.
>
> I suspect this has been going on for a while and I just noticed. Is there a
> fix somewhere? (At least some of the other templates are ok ... I haven't
> tried them all. But I really like the look of the jamis version).

I noticed the exact same problem this morning.

I was having a problem with jamis.rb creating a blank frame (blank.html,
created by the snippet below), but rdoc wasn't creating blank.rb, so I
replaced it with the jamis.rb from rake (I guess that's the same as you
are using, Jim . The two files were a little different. Then I got the
unlinked methods. So I'm temporarily back to the old format.

IFNOT:inline_source
<frameset rows="80%,20%">
<frame src="%initial_page%" name="docwin">
<frame src="blank.html" name="source">
</frameset>
ENDIF:inline_source

Jim Weirich

On Wednesday 24 August 2005 12:37 am, Joel VanderWerf wrote:
> Jim Weirich wrote:
> > I've been using the jamis rdoc format for some time. Recently I noticed
> > that it is not generating correct HTML output. Scroll down to the bottom
> > of http://builder.rubyforge.org/classes...XmlMarkup.html to see an
> > example. The method links go nowhere.

> I noticed the exact same problem this morning.

Hmm ... seems like I had an old copy. The version available from here:

http://jamis.jamisbuck.org/articles/.../rdoc-template

works for me.

--
-- Jim Weirich (E-Mail Removed) http://onestepback.org

Jamis Buck

On Aug 24, 2005, at 7:07 AM, Jim Weirich wrote:

> On Wednesday 24 August 2005 12:37 am, Joel VanderWerf wrote:
>
>> Jim Weirich wrote:
>>
>>> I've been using the jamis rdoc format for some time. Recently I
>>> noticed
>>> that it is not generating correct HTML output. Scroll down to
>>> the bottom
>>> of http://builder.rubyforge.org/classes...XmlMarkup.html to
>>> see an
>>> example. The method links go nowhere.
>>>

>> I noticed the exact same problem this morning.
>>

> Hmm ... seems like I had an old copy. The version available from
> here:
>
> http://jamis.jamisbuck.org/articles/.../rdoc-template
>
> works for me.

Whew. Good to know. Thanks for the follow-up, Jim.

- Jamis

Wow! Jamis Buck + blog + GDB + C API == mind blowing coolness pat eyler Ruby 3 09-23-2006 01:24 PM
typo in jamis.rb? Joel VanderWerf Ruby 3 09-15-2005 01:22 PM
Needle/Rails, Injected - Interceptors - Attn: Jamis Buck John Wilger Ruby 1 11-18-2004 10:09 PM
rdoc bug (and rdoc bug tracker site is down) Brian Schröder Ruby 5 09-18-2004 02:08 PM
rdoc: how to generate rdoc & ri documentation of standard library? Andreas Schwarz Ruby 6 01-01-2004 03:09 AM

Advertisments