Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > New Win32 gem, Debian package for RMagick 1.9.0

New Win32 gem, Debian package for RMagick 1.9.0

rmagick@gmail.com

RMagick's Windows guru, Kaspar Schiess, has just released a new Win32
gem for RMagick. This is the first new RMagick release for Win32 since
last December. The new gem combines RMagick 1.9.0 and ImageMagick 6.2.3
so you don't have to install ImageMagick or its dependent libraries
separately.

Installation: download the .zip file to a temporary directory and unzip
it. Follow the instructions in the README.html file. Don't forget the
postinstall.rb step!

If you use this gem, please take a minute to thank Kaspar (a.k.a 'eule'
on RubyForge) for his work!

http://rubyforge.org/frs/download.ph....2.3-win32.zip

Mike Williams' Debian package of RMagick 1.9.0 made its way into Debian
"unstable" about two weeks ago. Debian "stable" still has RMagick
1.6.0, but as Mike says, "that's Debian for you."

Debian users, please thank Mike ('mdub' at RubyForge) for his
considerable efforts!

http://packages.qa.debian.org/libr/librmagick-ruby.html

Dema

Hey, great news. I was really looking forward to this!

Thanks Kaspar!

Cheers,
Dema
--