Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > WebMatrix - User Control accessing Header information

WebMatrix - User Control accessing Header information

Bill Godsil

I am trying to build a little Documentation search site, using WebMatrix,
Access, and Index Server.

I am placing my documentation in individual pages, as Index Server
doesn't seem to want to index data that WILL be in the page, when built.
It only wants to index what is in the static page.

However, I want to access certian data about the document that I have
stored in the Access database (even though it won't be indexed).

I create a metatag "DocID", which will hold the record ID for the
appropriate record in the Access Database.

I developed a page that will get the DocID data, using -

(DocID.Attributes("content"))

It works great, and I am able to perform a SQL query into the Access
Database, and populate a datagrid. Looks great, boss is happy!

However, I then try to move the datagrid and associated code into a User
Control, so, as I make edits, to please the boss, I only have to do it
once. Unfortunately, the command -

(DocID.Attributes("content"))

No longer works, when I do this.

Is there a way for the user control to access header information on the
page it is placed on?

TIA!