Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Problems with RDT & Unit Testing

Problems with RDT & Unit Testing

Brad Wilson

I'm having issues with RDT and unit testing (basically, it doesn't
work), and I'm wondering if this is the right place to ask.

--=20
Brad Wilson
http://www.dotnetdevs.com/
http://www.agileprogrammer.com/dotnetguy/

"Big-endian byte ordering, while not wrong, is morally indefensible."
- Shawn Van Ness

Jeff Waltzer

------=_Part_2952_15345963.1121298840705

I have it working in Eclipse 3.0 but not Eclipse 3.1. Could you be having=
=20
the same trouble?

On 7/8/05, Brad Wilson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>=20
> I'm having issues with RDT and unit testing (basically, it doesn't
> work), and I'm wondering if this is the right place to ask.
>=20
> --
> Brad Wilson
> http://www.dotnetdevs.com/
> http://www.agileprogrammer.com/dotnetguy/
>=20
> "Big-endian byte ordering, while not wrong, is morally indefensible."
> - Shawn Van Ness
>=20
>=20

--=20
It is the duty of a patriot to protect his country from its government"
-Thomas Paine
Blog: http://superwombat.blogspot.com
Bookmarks: http://del.icio.us/jeffwaltzer

------=_Part_2952_15345963.1121298840705--

Brad Wilson

------=_Part_2347_10833597.1121301131727

Maybe. I could just try to back down to Eclipse 3.0.

The error I'm getting is about a missing Ruby file. Does that sound=20
familiar?

On 7/13/05, Jeff Waltzer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>=20
> I have it working in Eclipse 3.0 but not Eclipse 3.1. Could you be having
> the same trouble?

------=_Part_2347_10833597.1121301131727--

Jeff Waltzer

------=_Part_3072_5080883.1121302599131

Just fired up Eclipse 3.1 with RDT (on my laptop) getting this when I try=
=20
to run a unit test on it:

C:\ruby\bin\rubyw.exe: No such file or directory --=20
plugins/org.rubypeople.rdt.testunit_0.5.0/ruby/RemoteTestRunner.rb=20
(LoadError)

(But that file seems to be there)

On my desktop running RDT under Eclipse 3.0 it works fine.

On 7/13/05, Brad Wilson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>=20
> Maybe. I could just try to back down to Eclipse 3.0.
>=20
> The error I'm getting is about a missing Ruby file. Does that sound
> familiar?
>=20
> On 7/13/05, Jeff Waltzer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> > I have it working in Eclipse 3.0 but not Eclipse 3.1. Could you be=20

> having
> > the same trouble?
> >

>=20
>=20

--=20
It is the duty of a patriot to protect his country from its government"
-Thomas Paine
Blog: http://superwombat.blogspot.com
Bookmarks: http://del.icio.us/jeffwaltzer

------=_Part_3072_5080883.1121302599131--

Brad Wilson

------=_Part_2407_5163288.1121305261133

Yep, that's what I've got, too. I'll back down to Eclipse 3.0 then. Thanks!

On 7/13/05, Jeff Waltzer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>=20
> C:\ruby\bin\rubyw.exe: No such file or directory --
> plugins/org.rubypeople.rdt.testunit_0.5.0/ruby/RemoteTestRunner.rb
> (LoadError)

------=_Part_2407_5163288.1121305261133--

Jeff Waltzer

------=_Part_3136_7615452.1121308019235

Just looked up the mailing list archives for the RDT. Looks like the=20
developers are just starting to try to get RDT to work with Eclipse 3.1. So=
=20
for the moment looks like we'll have to stick with 3.0.=20

On 7/13/05, Brad Wilson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>=20
> Yep, that's what I've got, too. I'll back down to Eclipse 3.0 then.=20
> Thanks!
>=20
> On 7/13/05, Jeff Waltzer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> > C:\ruby\bin\rubyw.exe: No such file or directory --
> > plugins/org.rubypeople.rdt.testunit_0.5.0/ruby/RemoteTestRunner.rb
> > (LoadError)
> >

>=20
>=20

--=20
It is the duty of a patriot to protect his country from its government"
-Thomas Paine
Blog: http://superwombat.blogspot.com
Bookmarks: http://del.icio.us/jeffwaltzer

------=_Part_3136_7615452.1121308019235--

Kyle Heon

I'm just starting out with Eclipse and RDT. I had installed it on Eclipse
3.0 but never really played around with things until I found a tutorial on
getting Rails working with it [1]. I just upgraded to the latest nightly
build of RDT which is supposed to fix unit testing but I'm getting this
error:

C:\ruby\bin\rubyw.exe: No such file or directory -- Program
Files/Eclipse/plugins/org.rubypeople.rdt.testunit_0.6.507280719/ruby/RemoteT
estRunner.rb (LoadError)

I've also tried using ruby.exe without any success. Anyone had similar
issues they've worked through?

[1] http://dathompson.blogspot.com/2005/...clipse-31.html

Kyle Heon

--
It is the duty of a patriot to protect his country from its government"
-Thomas Paine
Blog: http://superwombat.blogspot.com
Bookmarks: http://del.icio.us/jeffwaltzer

Zach Dennis

Kyle Heon wrote:
> I'm just starting out with Eclipse and RDT. I had installed it on Eclipse
> 3.0 but never really played around with things until I found a tutorial on
> getting Rails working with it [1]. I just upgraded to the latest nightly
> build of RDT which is supposed to fix unit testing but I'm getting this
> error:
>
> C:\ruby\bin\rubyw.exe: No such file or directory -- Program
> Files/Eclipse/plugins/org.rubypeople.rdt.testunit_0.6.507280719/ruby/RemoteT
> estRunner.rb (LoadError)
>
> I've also tried using ruby.exe without any success. Anyone had similar
> issues they've worked through?

This has been fixed in the latest CVS for RDT. It should be fixed for
tomorrow's nightly build. (thanks to David Corbin)

Zach