Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Mechanize: Can't get it to work. Can I help make it work next week?

Mechanize: Can't get it to work. Can I help make it work next week?

Xeno Campanoli

This may be just one more play where my lack of experience with Ruby is biting
me, but I have had no luck making mechanize go. I'm using version 0.2.3, and
it claims to gem install successfully, but when I try to do a simple script
that just goes:

require 'rubygems'
require 'mechanize'

agent = WWW::Mechanize.new (and several versions of thingsafterthis,
including blank, don't seem to make
any difference)

and I run that alone and get a LoadError pointing to something called
custom_require.rb, lines 18 and 24, and mechanize line 14. I'd like to make
more headway this weekend if I can, but I can give feedback for the next week
if someone thinks they can help me get something usable soon. Thanks for
any feedback.

Sincerely, Xeno

James Britt

Xeno Campanoli wrote:

> and I run that alone and get a LoadError pointing to something called
> custom_require.rb, lines 18 and 24, and mechanize line 14. I'd like to make
> more headway this weekend if I can, but I can give feedback for the next week
> if someone thinks they can help me get something usable soon. Thanks for
> any feedback.

Looks a like a gems issue, and trouble loading the 'https.rb' file

What version of rubygems are you running?

James