Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > SWT bindings for Python... Ruby?

SWT bindings for Python... Ruby?

Edgardo Hames

Hi guys,

Has anybody seen the PySWT project? It provides SWT wrappers that can
be used from Python to achieve native look and feel of GUI
applications. Go and take a look by yourselves:

http://www.cs.nyu.edu/zilin/pyswt/pm...T.Introduction

I think it would be really nice to have something similar for Ruby
(no, I ain't volunteering )

Cheers,
Ed
--=20
Encontr=E1 a "Tu psic=F3pata favorito" http://tuxmaniac.blogspot.com

Alex Fenton

Hi Edgardo

If you're looking for something similar in Ruby but don't want to port
SWT, you might want to consider WxRuby. It is cross-platform (like Fox,
Tk), but provides native-look widgets on Windows, Linux and OS X (unlike
those).

http://wxruby.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl

I'm been very happy with it and used it for a large end-user application
(see http://www.pressure.to/qda/ for screenshots from Windows)

alex

Edgardo Hames wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Has anybody seen the PySWT project? It provides SWT wrappers that can
> be used from Python to achieve native look and feel of GUI
> applications. Go and take a look by yourselves:
>
> http://www.cs.nyu.edu/zilin/pyswt/pm...T.Introduction
>
> I think it would be really nice to have something similar for Ruby
> (no, I ain't volunteering )
>
> Cheers,
> Ed

Where can I download SWT? (SWT homepage) Ramon F Herrera Java 11 12-06-2007 03:18 AM
[ANN] SWT vs Swing Opinion Poll corona Java 0 10-14-2003 01:10 AM
SWT/Display.sleep() Kevin Pors Java 3 09-25-2003 02:18 AM
Swt Programmer SWT Java 0 07-15-2003 03:54 PM
swt action event? soni29 Java 0 07-10-2003 05:55 PM

Advertisments