Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > embed yoshi's opengl in ruby/tk?

embed yoshi's opengl in ruby/tk?

Tom Nakamura

How can i run opengl (specifically I want to run the webcam example in
ruby-v4l) in a ruby/tk frame? I hear its possible for sdl at the least,
and I know people have done this with python/perl and tk/opengl.
Tom Nakamura

esperanc

There are two packages for embedding opengl in a tk window: togl and
tkogl, both available for using tk with tcl. Haven't seen it ported to
ruby, though. A better idea is to move from tk to fox (FXruby), which
is nicer (IMHO) than tk and supports opengl natively.

Hidetoshi NAGAI

From: "Tom Nakamura" <(E-Mail Removed)>
Subject: embed yoshi's opengl in ruby/tk?
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 06:53:58 +0900
> How can i run opengl (specifically I want to run the webcam example in
> ruby-v4l) in a ruby/tk frame?

What decides the posibility is whether the library has some ways
to use the given window (by window-ID) to display.
I don't know about that library.
If the library can display on the given window, for example,
f = TkFrame.new(parent, :container=>true)
win_id = f.winfo_id
<< ... create (sub?)window based on win_id ... >>
Hidetoshi NAGAI ((E-Mail Removed))

GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem Microsoft Certification 5 03-07-2009 09:31 AM
Learning Java Bindings for OpenGL Ch3 available Gene Davis Java 0 07-05-2004 04:53 PM
Java Bindings for OpenGL Gene Davis Java 0 06-26-2004 03:00 PM
openGL and 1.5 nos Java 3 03-05-2004 06:32 PM
OpenGL from JNI on MacOSX Andy Skinner Java 0 01-08-2004 04:08 PM

Advertisments