Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Sharing sessions across virtual directories/projects

Sharing sessions across virtual directories/projects

Stu Lock

Hi,

I am setting a session in one directory ('/admin/login.aspx'). The project
for this folder is runnig in the root directory of the server.

I am then redirecting to to a virtual directory (/crm/default.aspx) which is
running a self contained project (separate bin folder etc.)

On the login page I am setting a session variable: 'Session("Login") =
True'. When I try and read this session from the /crm/ virtual directory it
doesn't exist.

Is there any (reasonably secure) way of passing the session information from
one project to the other?

BTW: I am currently using the same SQL Server to handle sessions.

Thanks in advance,

Stu

stefano mostarda

Hi,

You could try to use an intermedium page with hidden fields to pass the
session between application.

Very poor way I know, but it works

HTH,
Stefano Mostarda MCP