Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Tk::BWidget::NoteBook: retrieve current page

Tk::BWidget::NoteBook: retrieve current page

nornagon

Yet Another Tk Question.

Is there some way to retreive the current tab from a BWidget::NoteBook clas=
s?

Thanks,
--=20
- nornagon

Hidetoshi NAGAI

From: nornagon <(E-Mail Removed)>
Subject: Tk::BWidget::NoteBook: retrieve current page
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 19:21:18 +0900
> Is there some way to retreive the current tab from a BWidget::NoteBook class?

Probably you can get the information by calling
Tk::BWidget::NoteBook#raise with no argument.
--
Hidetoshi NAGAI ((E-Mail Removed))

Hidetoshi NAGAI

From: Hidetoshi NAGAI <(E-Mail Removed)>
Subject: Re: Tk::BWidget::NoteBook: retrieve current page
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 23:16:44 +0900
> Probably you can get the information by calling
> Tk::BWidget::NoteBook#raise with no argument.

I'm very sorry but I forgot method conflict between this and
TkWindow#raise.
I think that the name should be changed.
Of course, it losts compatibility between previous versions
of BWdiget support library.
I want to ask Ruby/Tk users.
Do you oppose the change?

From: Hidetoshi NAGAI <(E-Mail Removed)>
Subject: should change method name "Tk::BWidget::NoteBook#raise"? (Re: Tk::BWidget::NoteBook: retrieve current page)
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 10:28:10 +0900
> I'm very sorry but I forgot method conflict between this and
> TkWindow#raise.
> I think that the name should be changed.
> Of course, it losts compatibility between previous versions
> of BWdiget support library.

I decide to keep compatibility.
Instead of changing the names, add TkWindow#lower_window/raise_window
and Tk#lower_window/raise_window to call Tcl/Tk's lower/raise command.
--
Hidetoshi NAGAI ((E-Mail Removed))