Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > [PROPOSAL] We need a comprehensive test suite

[PROPOSAL] We need a comprehensive test suite

Yukihiro Matsumoto

Hi,

In message "Re: [PROPOSAL] We need a comprehensive test suite"
on Fri, 13 May 2005 04:24:49 +0900, Chad Fowler <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

|By the way, I moved the project to RubyForge but I didn't create
|Rubicon. It was created originally by Dave and Andy. The ideal would
|be to get Rubicon included in Ruby core (Matz agreed to it--my fault
|for not pushing it in at the time....anyone with commit access have
|time to do that?) and have it run when you do "make test".

Why don't you just copy Rubicon tests in the test/ suites? Is it too
hard to do? If Chad (or anyone else) needs CVS commit access, feel
free to ask to <(E-Mail Removed)>.

matz.

Chad Fowler

On 5/12/05, Yukihiro Matsumoto <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> In message "Re: [PROPOSAL] We need a comprehensive test suite"
> on Fri, 13 May 2005 04:24:49 +0900, Chad Fowler <(E-Mail Removed)=
> writes:
>=20
> |By the way, I moved the project to RubyForge but I didn't create
> |Rubicon. It was created originally by Dave and Andy. The ideal would
> |be to get Rubicon included in Ruby core (Matz agreed to it--my fault
> |for not pushing it in at the time....anyone with commit access have
> |time to do that?) and have it run when you do "make test".
>=20
> Why don't you just copy Rubicon tests in the test/ suites? Is it too
> hard to do? If Chad (or anyone else) needs CVS commit access, feel
> free to ask to <(E-Mail Removed)>.
>=20

Because I've been incredibly lazy about getting my CVS access back.=20
Anyone? Anyone?

I also haven't had time/focus to get it checked in and make sure it
really works right. I don't want to create a mess.

--=20

Chad Fowler
http://chadfowler.com
http://rubycentral.org=20