Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > ruby-gtk?

ruby-gtk?

Gergely Kontra

I hope you don't count it as an advertisement, but ruby has a gtk2
interface, which works on both linux and windows.

Friday

Gergely Kontra wrote:
> I hope you don't count it as an advertisement, but ruby has a gtk2
> interface, which works on both linux and windows.

Thanks for the tip.

I think important 'building blocks' available for ruby are not
advertised enough. GUI toolkits, database drivers, wrappers to
important libs like openssl, and so on.

For example, ruby-dl2 hit 0.5 in April and there's very little info
about it on the web...

Charles Hixson

Gergely Kontra wrote:

>I hope you don't count it as an advertisement, but ruby has a gtk2
>interface, which works on both linux and windows.

Where does one write for assistance on this? I'm having trouble getting
the images that I've added to buttons to change after I alter them.
(It's not a huge program, but it's a bit long to post on a mailing
list. For one thing it must include the images.)

Laurent Sansonetti

Hi,

On 5/11/05, Charles Hixson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Gergely Kontra wrote:
>=20
> >I hope you don't count it as an advertisement, but ruby has a gtk2
> >interface, which works on both linux and windows.
> >

> Where does one write for assistance on this? I'm having trouble getting
> the images that I've added to buttons to change after I alter them.
> (It's not a huge program, but it's a bit long to post on a mailing
> list. For one thing it must include the images.)
>=20

Try the Ruby-GNOME2 mailing list:

http://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/l...nome2-devel-en

Laurent

Charles Hixson

Laurent Sansonetti wrote:

>Hi,
>
>On 5/11/05, Charles Hixson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>Gergely Kontra wrote:
>>

>>>I hope you don't count it as an advertisement, but ruby has a gtk2
>>>interface, which works on both linux and windows.
>>>

>>Where does one write for assistance on this? I'm having trouble getting
>>the images that I've added to buttons to change after I alter them.
>>(It's not a huge program, but it's a bit long to post on a mailing
>>list. For one thing it must include the images.)
>>

>Try the Ruby-GNOME2 mailing list:
>
>http://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/l...nome2-devel-en
>
>Laurent

Thanks. I much appreciate the pointer.