Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > [Mozilla Thunderbird] How can I change the default storage folder?

[Mozilla Thunderbird] How can I change the default storage folder?

Boomerang

Hi,

I want to change the default mail storage folder of each account
separately in Mozilla Thunderbird. Is this possible?

Marcus B. Ribeiro

Boomerang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to change the default mail storage folder of each account
> separately in Mozilla Thunderbird. Is this possible?

Hello!

I have this problem too and I would like to know how to change the Mozilla default directory.

Marcus

Jez

On 23/10/2003 15:56, Boomerang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to change the default mail storage folder of each account
> separately in Mozilla Thunderbird. Is this possible?

Yes, move the mail folders from C:\Documents and Settings\Your
Name\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\default\xxxxxxx.slt to your
new folders.

Then go to Tools>Account Settings>Server Settings and change the Local
Directory path for each account. If you can't see this setting, enlarge
the Account Settings window.

Jez

Marcus B. Ribeiro

OK! Thanks.

Marcus

Jez wrote:

> On 23/10/2003 15:56, Boomerang wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I want to change the default mail storage folder of each account
>> separately in Mozilla Thunderbird. Is this possible?
>>

> Yes, move the mail folders from C:\Documents and Settings\Your
> Name\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\default\xxxxxxx.slt to your
> new folders.
>
> Then go to Tools>Account Settings>Server Settings and change the Local
> Directory path for each account. If you can't see this setting, enlarge
> the Account Settings window.
>
> Jez

Gordon S. Hlavenka

Boomerang wrote:
> I want to change the default mail storage folder of each account
> separately in Mozilla Thunderbird. Is this possible?

I'd like to do this, too... but it's a bit more complicated.

I'm running Netscape 7.1 under Win98SE, and also on the same PC under
RedHat linux 9. Under linux, I have the Windows partition mounted at
/fat32.

What I'd like to do is keep my data on the Windows partition, and when I
load up Netscape in linux I'd like to be accessing the same folders.
I've edited the server settings on the Mozilla side and plugged in the
correct path for the WIN folder. Then I exit Netscape and restart it,
and NO folders show up under that account. There's no Inbox, even.

So obviously I've messed something up. What?

And how closely can I bind these two instances of NS7.1? Netscape
Registry? Local Folders? Other aspects? Since this is a dual-boot
setup, obviously I'm not going to have two instances of Netscape
accessing this stuff at the same time.

--
Gordon S. Hlavenka O- http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
Burma!