Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > [ANN] Yahoo group for Austin (and) Texas Ruby users

[ANN] Yahoo group for Austin (and) Texas Ruby users

Hal Fulton

Well, we had our first semi-official meeting today.
Mexican food was consumed and plans for code were laid.

Five in attendance: Hal Fulton, Jim Freeze, Matt Lawrence,
Desmond DSouza, and Robert Rasmussen. Apologies if I
misspelled anyone's name.

For the foreseeable future, we're using the name ARCTAN,
meaning something like "Austin Ruby Coders' Texas Area
Network." It's centered in Austin, but it's a Texas Thing.

Cheers,
Hal

B. K. Oxley (binkley)

Hal Fulton wrote:
> It's centered in Austin, but it's a Texas Thing.

You know, I don't recall learning in grade school that Austin was the heart of
Texas. Of course, Houston is much, much more important.

Cheers,
--binkley