Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > "locked by another application" problem

"locked by another application" problem

Ing. Rajesh Kumar

I am loading an XML File and validating that against an XSD file. Sometimes
when there is an error in the XML file, system locks the file and I am not
able to change the content of the file. When saving, It says that the file
may have been "locked by another application". Now i cannot fix the error
because i cannot save the changes. Probably the file get locks by
aspnet_wp.exe. How can I fix this ? I tried to load the file as readonly but
does not help.
Thanks in advance
Raja

Scott Allen

In development you could go to the command line and run IISRESET.

If you need to track down which process actually has the file locked,
you can use FileMon from sysinternals:
http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/source/filemon.shtml

HTH,

--