Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > rdoc: how to add readme.rdoc as index.html?

rdoc: how to add readme.rdoc as index.html?

Iwan van der Kleyn

Hi there,

I'm finishing the documentation for a package I've written. I've written
a general introduction in a README.rdoc file. I would like to set this
file as the content of the index.html file when generating the
documentation with Rdoc. Anyone an idea how to do this?

Regards,

Iwan

Stefan Lang

On Tuesday 26 April 2005 14:19, Iwan van der Kleyn wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm finishing the documentation for a package I've written. I've written
> a general introduction in a README.rdoc file. I would like to set this
> file as the content of the index.html file when generating the
> documentation with Rdoc. Anyone an idea how to do this?
>
> Regards,
>
> Iwan

You can specify this with the --main option:
% rdoc --main README.rdoc README.rdoc [other files/directories...]