Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Security Exception

Security Exception

Jeff Cochran

On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 20:56:52 GMT, "jamie" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>I have an ASP.Net application that access an Oracle database using ODP.Net.
>The application can also use a SQL Server database and works without issue.
>
>When pointing at an Oracle Database (8i sever and 9i client) I recieve the
>following error:
> System.Security.SecurityException: Failure decoding embedded permission
>set object.
>
>The application does not access the file system and the rest of the
>application that is coded is old style ASP works without issue.
>
>Any help with troubleshooting this would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Thanks
>Jamie.
>
>PS. Apologies for the crosspost but I need to get this working rather
>urgently

It's not an IIS issue. Try annoying just the other five groups for
your answer.

Jeff

jamie

Hi All,

I have an ASP.Net application that access an Oracle database using ODP.Net.
The application can also use a SQL Server database and works without issue.

When pointing at an Oracle Database (8i sever and 9i client) I recieve the
following error:
System.Security.SecurityException: Failure decoding embedded permission
set object.

The application does not access the file system and the rest of the
application that is coded is old style ASP works without issue.

Any help with troubleshooting this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jamie.

PS. Apologies for the crosspost but I need to get this working rather
urgently

Daniel Morgan

jamie wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have an ASP.Net application that access an Oracle database using ODP.Net.
> The application can also use a SQL Server database and works without issue.
>
> When pointing at an Oracle Database (8i sever and 9i client) I recieve the
> following error:
> System.Security.SecurityException: Failure decoding embedded permission
> set object.
>
> The application does not access the file system and the rest of the
> application that is coded is old style ASP works without issue.
>
> Any help with troubleshooting this would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Jamie.
>
> PS. Apologies for the crosspost but I need to get this working rather
> urgently

Not an Oracle error message. Try Microsoft support.

Daniel Morgan

Niall Litchfield

"Jeff Cochran" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 20:56:52 GMT, "jamie" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi All,
> >
> >I have an ASP.Net application that access an Oracle database using

ODP.Net.
> >The application can also use a SQL Server database and works without

issue.

> >When pointing at an Oracle Database (8i sever and 9i client) I recieve

the
> >following error:
> > System.Security.SecurityException: Failure decoding embedded

permission
> >set object.
> >
> >The application does not access the file system and the rest of the
> >application that is coded is old style ASP works without issue.
> >
> >Any help with troubleshooting this would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> >Thanks
> >Jamie.
> >
> >PS. Apologies for the crosspost but I need to get this working rather
> >urgently

> It's not an IIS issue. Try annoying just the other five groups for
> your answer.

The code that throws the exception would have helped....

It *may* be an IIS issue - sort of - in that the anonymous accounts
iuser_machine and iwam_machine need to have read/execute access to the
Oracle home directory, which they won't do by default with a 9i (or higher)
client. If it isn't that wild stab in the dark then try posting some code,
and I'd suggest limiting the crossposts to just the aspnet and perhaps the
oracle.misc groups.

Cheers

--
Niall Litchfield