Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > [RubyConf] Conference Hotel/Venue info for RubyConf 2005

[RubyConf] Conference Hotel/Venue info for RubyConf 2005

David A. Black

Dear Rubyists,

We are very pleased to announce that RubyConf 2005 will be held at:

Lafayette Hotel & Suites
2223 El Cajon Blvd
San Diego, CA 92103, USA

Phone: (877) 468-3531 (toll-free)
Phone: (619) 296-2101
Fax: (619) 296-0512

http://sandiego.innsuites.com/

We have reserved a block of rooms at the rate of $79.99 (plus
applicable taxes) per night, single or double, for the nights of
October 13, 14, and 15.

When you call, tell them that you are booking a room in the block
reserved for the "International Ruby Conference". If they're not sure
what you mean, give them the dates of our nights, and they should be
able to look it up.

Pre-registration has been pretty massive compared to previous years.
We've set aside an accordingly large number of rooms, but would still
advise you to make reservations early.

Please let us know if you have any questions or problems with the
reservation process.

Stay tuned for the opening of formal presentation proposal, followed
by registration!

David Black
Chad Fowler
Rich Kilmer

for RubyConf 2005 and Ruby Central, Inc.

--
David A. Black

James Britt

David A. Black wrote:

> Pre-registration has been pretty massive compared to previous years.
> We've set aside an accordingly large number of rooms, but would still
> advise you to make reservations early.

Nice. Care to venture any crowd estimates?

James

David A. Black

Hi --

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005, James Britt wrote:

> David A. Black wrote:
>>
>> Pre-registration has been pretty massive compared to previous years.
>> We've set aside an accordingly large number of rooms, but would still
>> advise you to make reservations early.

> Nice. Care to venture any crowd estimates?

We have 115 "definite" or "likely" preregistrations. Plus a few
stragglers who haven't preregistered (like me and Chad It's
actually pretty hard to predict attendance from preregistration, but
that's certainly quite a bit higher than previous years.

David

--
David A. Black
(E-Mail Removed)

Marcel Molina Jr.

On Thu, Apr 21, 2005 at 08:53:06AM +0900, David A. Black wrote:
> Dear Rubyists,
>
> We are very pleased to announce that RubyConf 2005 will be held at:

Thanks for your efforts.

marcel
--
Marcel Molina Jr. <(E-Mail Removed)>

Francis Hwang

Quick correction: The phone number for the hotel is wrong in this email.

It's either:
877.DIEGO.4.U
or:
800.468.3531

On Apr 20, 2005, at 7:53 PM, David A. Black wrote:

> Dear Rubyists,
>
> We are very pleased to announce that RubyConf 2005 will be held at:
>
> Lafayette Hotel & Suites
> 2223 El Cajon Blvd
> San Diego, CA 92103, USA
>
> Phone: (877) 468-3531 (toll-free)
> Phone: (619) 296-2101
> Fax: (619) 296-0512
>
> http://sandiego.innsuites.com/
>
> We have reserved a block of rooms at the rate of $79.99 (plus
> applicable taxes) per night, single or double, for the nights of
> October 13, 14, and 15.
>
> When you call, tell them that you are booking a room in the block
> reserved for the "International Ruby Conference". If they're not sure
> what you mean, give them the dates of our nights, and they should be
> able to look it up.
>
> Pre-registration has been pretty massive compared to previous years.
> We've set aside an accordingly large number of rooms, but would still
> advise you to make reservations early.
>
> Please let us know if you have any questions or problems with the
> reservation process.
>
> Stay tuned for the opening of formal presentation proposal, followed
> by registration!
>

> David Black
> Chad Fowler
> Rich Kilmer
>
> for RubyConf 2005 and Ruby Central, Inc.
>

> --
> David A. Black
> (E-Mail Removed)

Francis Hwang