Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > [ADVOC] - Tag for Ruby Advocacy Related Topics

[ADVOC] - Tag for Ruby Advocacy Related Topics

Ilias Lazaridis

may I ask the community to introduce a tag, e.g. "[ADVOC]" or "[ADVO]"
or "[ADVOCACY]" for ruby advocacy related threads?

would increase the informative value and would allow easier filtering.

..

--
http://lazaridis.com

Bill Atkins

------=_Part_819_23227504.1113894369989

Request granted. The community has officially introduced these tags.

Happy?

Bill

On 4/19/05, Ilias Lazaridis <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>=20
> may I ask the community to introduce a tag, e.g. "[ADVOC]" or "[ADVO]"
> or "[ADVOCACY]" for ruby advocacy related threads?
>=20
> would increase the informative value and would allow easier filtering.
>=20
> ..
>=20
> --
> http://lazaridis.com
>=20
>=20

--=20

Bill Atkins wrote:
> Request granted. The community has officially introduced these tags.
>
> Happy?

very.

--
http://lazaridis.com

Nikolai Weibull

Ilias Lazaridis, April 19:

> may I ask the community to introduce a tag, e.g. "[ADVOC]" or "[ADVO]"
> or "[ADVOCACY]" for ruby advocacy related threads?

I thought we were using [ADV] for that, but perhaps it [ADV] actually
stood for advertisement or advice.

Seriously, though, how many of these threads do we get? Perhaps it
would be even better to break up ruby-talk into more mailing-lists,
instead of using a bunch of tags?,
nikolai

Austin Ziegler

On 4/19/05, Ilias Lazaridis <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> may I ask the community to introduce a tag, e.g. "[ADVOC]" or "[ADVO]"
> or "[ADVOCACY]" for ruby advocacy related threads?
>
> would increase the informative value and would allow easier filtering.

You can ask.

Doesn't mean you'll get it.

Seriously, I don't see the value in such a tag, the way that [ANN]
does. I personally don't plan on using such a tag -- if I am
discussing my efforts toward advocating Ruby, I consider that general
interest.

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
* Alternate: (E-Mail Removed)

Ilias Lazaridis

Austin Ziegler wrote:
> On 4/19/05, Ilias Lazaridis <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>may I ask the community to introduce a tag, e.g. "[ADVOC]" or "[ADVO]"
>>or "[ADVOCACY]" for ruby advocacy related threads?
>>
>>would increase the informative value and would allow easier filtering.

> You can ask.
>
> Doesn't mean you'll get it.

obvious

> Seriously, I don't see the value in such a tag, the way that [ANN]
> does. I personally don't plan on using such a tag -- if I am
> discussing my efforts toward advocating Ruby, I consider that general
> interest.

what you consider it is irrelevant.

what readers consider it is relevant.

that's what are tag's for: the reader to decides

--
http://lazaridis.com

Austin Ziegler

On 4/19/05, Ilias Lazaridis <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> what you consider it is irrelevant.
>
> what readers consider it is relevant.
>
> that's what are tag's for: the reader to decides

You misspelled "author". Do get your terminology right -- but you have
a problem with that, don't you?

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * (E-Mail Removed)
* Alternate: (E-Mail Removed)

Martin Ankerl

>> Seriously, I don't see the value in such a tag, the way that [ANN]
>> does. I personally don't plan on using such a tag -- if I am
>> discussing my efforts toward advocating Ruby, I consider that general
>> interest.

> what you consider it is irrelevant.

What makes Austin's comment irrelevant? He certainly is a reader. You
have an opinion, he has an opinion. Although you do not share his
opinion, you most certainly have to respect it. You can request whatever
you want, nobody will care because you are not in the position to demand
anything from anyone. In fact, no one is: newsgroups are democracy, not
dictatorship. If you have a suggestion, as you can see it is discussed.
If people like it, it may be used; if not, you have to live with this.

martinus

Dmitry V. Sabanin

On Tuesday 19 April 2005 13:09, Ilias Lazaridis wrote:
> may I ask the community to introduce a tag, e.g. "[ADVOC]" or
> "[ADVO]" or "[ADVOCACY]" for ruby advocacy related threads?

Can we please introduce tag [TROLL]?

--
sdmitry -=- Dmitry V. Sabanin
http://muravey.net

vruz

> may I ask the community to introduce a tag, e.g. "[ADVOC]" or "[ADVO]"
> or "[ADVOCACY]" for ruby advocacy related threads?
> would increase the informative value and would allow easier filtering.

there seems to be some consensus among a number of users of this maillist.
they believe you should tag your messages as [ILIAS].

that would increase the informative value and would allow easier filtering.