Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > [ANN:] IORCC Crossword Puzzle Tips and Hints!

[ANN:] IORCC Crossword Puzzle Tips and Hints!

iorcc@yahoo.com

There has been a healthy flow of positive response to the 2005 IORCC
Supplemental Crossword Puzzle.

With over 720 downloads of the puzzle, and yet not a single finished
completions submitted it makes one wonder if the puzzle is just too
hard? I have received a lot of coorespondence about folks wanting
hints and more clues. So, wanting to be fair to all, there is now a
public IORCC Crossword Puzzle Hints and Tips. And, the IORCC now uses
Ecto for its frontend blogging needs. Enjoy the crossword puzzle! Its
really quite a hoot to work on...

9 Down Spoken With a Twise, Influential
47 Across 'Hard Rock' Sponsor
13 Down In A Class by Itself
59 Across Persian Island of Rubies

This puzzle isn't so easy, first one to submit a clean/finished puzzle
wins a TBD'ed prize from one of the Official IORCC Sponsors grabbag.

Cheers and Good Luck!,

Todd Nathan
IORCC Founder/Judge
irc://irc.freenode.net/iorcc (SeaForth)
http://iorcc.dyndns.org/

Related Links:

IORCC Blogging Sponsor:
http://ecto.kung-foo.tv/

IORCC XWord Puzzle Sponsor:
http://www.solrobots.com/

Some Recent Coverage:
http://redhanded.hobix.com/cult/65Ac...yInception.htm

The IORCC XWord Puzzle:
http://iorcc.dyndns.org/2005/puzzles...2005.xword.png

The IORCC Hints and Tips Blog:
http://iorcc.blogspot.com/

Dave Burt

<(E-Mail Removed)> hinted:
> There has been a healthy flow of positive response to the 2005 IORCC
> Supplemental Crossword Puzzle.
>
> With over 720 downloads of the puzzle, and yet not a single finished
> completions submitted it makes one wonder if the puzzle is just too
> hard? I have received a lot of coorespondence about folks wanting
> hints and more clues. So, wanting to be fair to all, there is now a
> public IORCC Crossword Puzzle Hints and Tips. And, the IORCC now uses
> Ecto for its frontend blogging needs. Enjoy the crossword puzzle! Its
> really quite a hoot to work on...
>
> 9 Down Spoken With a Twise, Influential
> 47 Across 'Hard Rock' Sponsor
> 13 Down In A Class by Itself
> 59 Across Persian Island of Rubies
> The IORCC XWord Puzzle:
> http://iorcc.dyndns.org/2005/puzzles...2005.xword.png

Is there a version available that I can do in my text editor rather than my
big unwieldy picture editor?

Cheers,
Dave