Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Web Service Question

Web Service Question

=?Utf-8?B?RGVhbiBCb3J0ZWxs?=

Is there a way to verify a web service is up before executing function calls from a windows based application against it? I have heard of programs hanging while trying to connect to a service that is not available. How can I guard against this using c#?

Respectfully,

Dean Bortell