Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Rhizome.org seeking software consultant

Rhizome.org seeking software consultant

sera@fhwang.net

Hi everybody,

I'll be hiring a freelance programmer for Rhizome.org, the arts
non-profit where I work. This is a Ruby-centric job at a cool place, so
if you're out there freelancing in the New York City area, I encourage
you to send me your resume. And if you have any friends who you think
would be interested in this, please forward this to them!

F.
----
Rhizome.org, a non-profit organization serving the new media arts
community, is seeking a software consultant. The consultant will work
closely with the Director of Technology on a number of projects, from
building new community features, optimizing the existing system, or
extracting open source libraries out of the existing codebase.

Rhizome.org is a highly trafficked community website with thousands of
registered users and more than 1 million hits a month. Although the
site uses a combination of Ruby, PHP, and Perl, almost all new
development is done in Ruby. However, experience with specific
languages is less important than an interest in object-oriented design
patterns, agile methodologies, and test-first programming. Apple and
Unix snobs highly encouraged to apply.

This is a highly flexible part-time gig; we understand how consulting
work goes, and will work to accommodate scheduling quirks, whether
that's one week off to work at an ad agency in midtown, or one week off
to tour eastern Europe with the other members of your robot music
collective. However, please note that we require candidates to be in
the New York area, since much of the work--though not all of it--will
be on-site in our Manhattan office.

Rhizome.org is among the oldest and most well respected organizations
in the field of new media art. For more information about the
organization and our programs, please check out our web site:
http://rhizome.org.

To apply, please email your detailed cover letter and resume (in PDF,
if possible) to Francis Hwang at http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed).

Ryan Davis

Hey Francis,

Is this still open?

Francis Hwang

Mmmmaybe, if whoever you're thinking of can get me his/her resume by
the time I get into my office tomorrow morning.

On Mar 28, 2005, at 8:21 PM, Ryan Davis wrote:

> Hey Francis,
>
> Is this still open?

Francis Hwang
http://fhwang.net/