Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > [ANN] FastCST 3.0 (Now w/ meta-data, get, and put)

[ANN] FastCST 3.0 (Now w/ meta-data, get, and put)

Zed A. Shaw

Hi All,

Just a quick announcement to say that I've put up another release of
FastCST for interested folks to play with:

http://www.zedshaw.com/projects/fastcst

Fast Change Set Tool (FastCST, pronounced "fascist") is an experimental
changeset tool I'm writing in Ruby. It uses suffix arrays to create
deltas and supports meta-data and simple distribution of changesets.

This 0.3 version supports:

* Full YAML based meta-data for the changesets. Check out
http://www.zedshaw.com/fastcst/ruby-snapshot.yaml for an example.
* A "get" command that will get a changeset based on a meta-data file
and apply to a directory.
- There's an example which let's you move a Ruby 1.8.2 source tree
to the nightly snapshot.
* A "put" command which will log into an FTP site and put a changeset
online.
* Files are MD5 digested before applied to help detect alteration (don't
trust it yet though since someone can just change the meta-data).

The get and put commands deal only with the meta-data file, so they
aren't too cumbersome.

Please play with it if you have time and let me know what you think.

Zed A. Shaw

George Moschovitis

perhaps you should consider changing the name, it 'sounds' badly.

-g.

if and and vs if and,and titi VHDL 4 03-11-2007 05:23 AM
[ANN] FastCST 0.6.5 (Mergerific Indexer Release) Zed A. Shaw Ruby 2 04-08-2005 03:51 PM
[ANN] FastCST 0.5.2 (Working Repository) Zed A. Shaw Ruby 5 03-25-2005 08:21 AM
[ANN] FastCST 0.4 Packaging Fix Zed A. Shaw Ruby 0 03-16-2005 12:32 AM
[ANN] FastCST 0.4: SMTP+POP3 Distribution Zed A. Shaw Ruby 0 03-15-2005 05:07 PM

Advertisments