I'm finally releasing this to the general public in the form of a real Ruby
package after it has been used quite successfully in Rails. This ought to
also speed up the processing of bug reports and feature requests.
Note that if you are getting SecurityError problems when using remote
breakpoints you should (re)install Ruby 1.8.2 from source code. See the FAQ
on the homepage for more information about this problem.
= What is ruby-breakpoint?
ruby-breakpoint lets you inspect and modify state at run time. This allows you
to diagnose bugs, patch applications and more all via IRB by simply doing a
method call at the place you want to investigate.
ruby-breakpoint is integrated into the popular RubyOnRails and Nitro web
development frameworks. In the past it has also been a part of the Ruby
* breakpoint_client has better logic for guessing the client-uri automatically.
This ought to fix connection errors that were happening because the client
service was bound to the wrong network interface.
* Traced down the origin of SecurityError problems to a bug in Ruby 1.8.1 and
early 1.8.2 releases. If you're experiencing this you can usually fix it by
compiling the Ruby 1.8.2 available from ruby-lang.org. See the FAQ on the
homepage for more information on this.
* Support for drbunix:/ URIs -- this allows communication via files on Unix
based platforms. It is more secure than ACLs + socket communication on shared
* Fixed a bug in Breakpoint.deactivate_drb that was happening when calling it
from the breakpoint IRB session.
* Improved documentation in a few minor areas.