Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Open Source Conference in Japan: Open Source Realize Forum 2005

Open Source Conference in Japan: Open Source Realize Forum 2005

pat eyler

more info at:
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/6599
(includes a link to the home page (in Japanese) and a google translation of it)

The odd think is that I didn't see anything about Ruby.

--
thanks,
-pate

Masayoshi Takahashi

Hello,

pat eyler <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> more info at:
> http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/6599
> (includes a link to the home page (in Japanese) and a google translation of it)
>
> The odd think is that I didn't see anything about Ruby.

I guess Open Source Japan, Ltd. is a company that try to give
open source solution in enterprize business area. Zend Japan
and Zope Japan are in Open Source Japan group.

Unfortunately, Ruby is not yet used so much in this area in Japan.

But Open Source Realize Forum is not first Open Source Conference
in Japan.

Last year, Open Source Conference 2004(OSC2004) was held in Japan
(not Oreilly's one). The event is community-driven and many user
groups in Japan (Fedora, Firebird, Jabber/stone, some LUG, Open Office,
Plamo, Plone, Squeak, TOSA, XOOPS, KNOPPIX, Apache, MySQL, NetBSD, PHP
PostgreSQL, Samba, vi, webmin, Zope, Mozzila, and of cource, Ruby .
Sponsors of it are Apple, Sun, NTT Comware and other companies
(developers and publishers).

# I heard that Zend Japan think only solution business and providing
# his (commercial) products, and it doesn't seems to want to
# support opensource _community_ and community-driven events. sigh.

In this year, Open Source Conference 2005(OSC2005) will
be held on March 25-26. We, Nihon Ruby no Kai (Japan Ruby Group)
have one seminar. We will talk about Rails and YARV.

Regards,

Masayoshi 'Maki' Takahashi E-mail: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)