Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > showing modal popup window after page load

showing modal popup window after page load

Brian Henry

I want to show a modal box after the page has been loaded how would i do
that? right now i can get it to show before the page is rendered on screen
by doing a response.write(*modal show java script here*) code... but i want
the page rendered then show this... kinda like hotmail does now with some of
it's validation features... pretty much i have a loging form, and when the
login fails i want a modal form to popup saying bad login, please try
again.. blah blah plus instructions (so i dont want to use and alert box, i
want graphics also), so how do i get it to render the page first then show
the modal box? thanks!

Natty Gur

Hi,

I think using Page.RegisterStartupscript that will show modal window
will do the trick ...

Natty Gur[MVP]

blog : http://weblogs.asp.net/ngur
Mobile: +972-(0)52-8888377

Marc Jennings

Are you sure you want to use pop-ups at all? I know that I have them
turned off in all my browsers, and that WinXP SP2 will disable them in
IE by default By coding your system to require pop-ups, you are
opening up a world of hurt for yourself, IMHO.

Marc.