Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > ri Time.parse

ri Time.parse

Wybo Dekker

When I say:

$ ri Time.parse

or

ri Time:arse

the answer is:

More than one method matched your request. You can refine
your search by asking for information on one of:

Time:arse, Time:arse

So how can I get info about Time.parse?

--
Wybo

Malte Milatz

Wybo Dekker:
> More than one method matched your request. You can refine
> your search by asking for information on one of:
>
> Time:arse, Time:arse
>
> So how can I get info about Time.parse?

Maybe (!) try
$ locate *ri/*/Time/parse*
and if there are multiple files with the same content, remove one of them.

It's also possible that the RI environment variable is set to something
unsensible.

Malte

Wybo Dekker

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005, Malte Milatz wrote:

> Wybo Dekker:
> > More than one method matched your request. You can refine
> > your search by asking for information on one of:
> >
> > Time:arse, Time:arse
> >
> > So how can I get info about Time.parse?

> Maybe (!) try
> $ locate *ri/*/Time/parse*
> and if there are multiple files with the same content, remove one of them.

That was it: the remnants of a 1.9 install. Thanks!

--
Wybo