Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Adaptive Junk filters

Adaptive Junk filters

Scott McCarthy

Hello all,

How does the adaptive Junk filer work in Thunderbird 0.3?
This is what I've done so far...

Ticked "enable adaptive junk mail detection.
Manually clicked the "Junk" button on any incoming spam mail I receive.

So far, I've received over 80 junk mails, and marked them in this way,
yet Thunderbird is yet to detect anything as spam itself.

How long does the process normally take, or am I doing something wrong?

Cheers

Scott

dantu

Scott did you enable Junk Mail Controls on the specific account? It has to be turned on for each account.
What 'action' did you select for JMC to take for Junk? Send them to a Junk folder?

Scott McCarthy wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> How does the adaptive Junk filer work in Thunderbird 0.3?
> This is what I've done so far...
>
> Ticked "enable adaptive junk mail detection.
> Manually clicked the "Junk" button on any incoming spam mail I receive.
>
> So far, I've received over 80 junk mails, and marked them in this way,
> yet Thunderbird is yet to detect anything as spam itself.
>
> How long does the process normally take, or am I doing something wrong?
>
> Cheers
>
> Scott

Scott McCarthy

Hi Dantu,

Yes, it was enabled for the mail account I wanted it to work on. (I
only have one account anyway).

The "action" I had selected was to do nothing. Mainly because I wanted
to see the system working, and therefore have mails in my inbox, but
marked as junk.

Any further ideas?

Cheers

Scott

dantu wrote:
> Scott did you enable Junk Mail Controls on the specific account? It has
> to be turned on for each account.
> What 'action' did you select for JMC to take for Junk? Send them to a
> Junk folder?
>
> Scott McCarthy wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> How does the adaptive Junk filer work in Thunderbird 0.3?
>> This is what I've done so far...
>>
>> Ticked "enable adaptive junk mail detection.
>> Manually clicked the "Junk" button on any incoming spam mail I receive.
>>
>> So far, I've received over 80 junk mails, and marked them in this way,
>> yet Thunderbird is yet to detect anything as spam itself.
>>
>> How long does the process normally take, or am I doing something wrong?
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Scott

Scott McCarthy

Ahh,

It's all come to life now, and it's happily sending junk to the junk
folder. Not quite sure what I did to get it going, but I'm happy all
the same!

Thanks for your help.

Scott

Scott McCarthy wrote:

> Hi Dantu,
>
> Yes, it was enabled for the mail account I wanted it to work on. (I
> only have one account anyway).
>
> The "action" I had selected was to do nothing. Mainly because I wanted
> to see the system working, and therefore have mails in my inbox, but
> marked as junk.
>
> Any further ideas?
>
> Cheers
>
> Scott
>
> dantu wrote:
>
>> Scott did you enable Junk Mail Controls on the specific account? It
>> has to be turned on for each account.
>> What 'action' did you select for JMC to take for Junk? Send them to a
>> Junk folder?
>>
>> Scott McCarthy wrote:
>>
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> How does the adaptive Junk filer work in Thunderbird 0.3?
>>> This is what I've done so far...
>>>
>>> Ticked "enable adaptive junk mail detection.
>>> Manually clicked the "Junk" button on any incoming spam mail I receive.
>>>
>>> So far, I've received over 80 junk mails, and marked them in this
>>> way, yet Thunderbird is yet to detect anything as spam itself.
>>>
>>> How long does the process normally take, or am I doing something wrong?
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>
>>> Scott

using the Filters DLL (image filters) Dieter Vanderelst Python 1 02-15-2006 09:56 AM
Junk Mail Filters SG Firefox 1 02-15-2006 05:34 AM
Junk mail adaptive filter transferability Jowah Firefox 8 12-01-2004 11:54 PM
Canon: EF filters = EF-S filters? [blu|shark] Digital Photography 17 01-28-2004 10:04 AM
Eudora 6 Junk Filters Jim PKP Computer Support 2 12-27-2003 11:00 PM

Advertisments