Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > firebird - how to start?

firebird - how to start?

Beat von Arx

I downloaded fireird 0.6.1 zip. expanded it and hit the firebird.exe
(with the red fire icon). NOTHING happened. what went wrong?
win 2000, SP3
TIA
Beat

Irwin Greenwald

On 10/15/2003 1:35 PM, Beat von Arx wrote:

>I downloaded fireird 0.6.1 zip. expanded it and hit the firebird.exe
>(with the red fire icon). NOTHING happened. what went wrong?
>win 2000, SP3
>TIA
>Beat

You need to unzip it into a directory and then double click the icon in
that directory.

--
Irwin Greenwald
Mozilla Champion

Beat von Arx

Irwin Greenwald wrote:
> On 10/15/2003 1:35 PM, Beat von Arx wrote:
>

>>I downloaded fireird 0.6.1 zip. expanded it and hit the firebird.exe
>>(with the red fire icon). NOTHING happened. what went wrong?
>>win 2000, SP3
>>TIA
>>Beat
>>

> You need to unzip it into a directory and then double click the icon in
> that directory.

Sorry if I didn't make my self clear enough: this is exactly what I did.
Beat

Ed Mullen

Beat von Arx wrote:

> Irwin Greenwald wrote:
>
>>On 10/15/2003 1:35 PM, Beat von Arx wrote:
>>

>>>I downloaded fireird 0.6.1 zip. expanded it and hit the firebird.exe
>>>(with the red fire icon). NOTHING happened. what went wrong?
>>>win 2000, SP3
>>>TIA
>>>Beat
>>>

>>You need to unzip it into a directory and then double click the icon in
>>that directory.
>>

> Sorry if I didn't make my self clear enough: this is exactly what I did.
> Beat

I can't think of anything but to ask the obvious: are you sure you
downloded the right build for your OS?

--
Ed Mullen - Mozilla Champion
http://edmullen.net

Quivis

In article <bmkb3c$5s0$(E-Mail Removed)>,

-> I downloaded fireird 0.6.1 zip. expanded it and hit the firebird.exe
-> (with the red fire icon). NOTHING happened. what went wrong?
-> win 2000, SP3

Did you also allow WinZip (or whatever you use) to create all the
folders as it expanded the files? In e.g. WinZip if you just drag the
files onto a folder, the paths inside the archive file aren't created.

Q.

Beat von Arx

Quivis wrote:
> In article <bmkb3c$5s0$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
>
> -> I downloaded fireird 0.6.1 zip. expanded it and hit the firebird.exe
> -> (with the red fire icon). NOTHING happened. what went wrong?
> -> win 2000, SP3
>
> Did you also allow WinZip (or whatever you use) to create all the
> folders as it expanded the files? In e.g. WinZip if you just drag the
> files onto a folder, the paths inside the archive file aren't created.
>

> Q.

thank you - that was the problem, I had the use directory switch not
enabled in WinZip!
Beat

Beat von Arx

Ed Mullen wrote:

> Beat von Arx wrote:
>

>>Irwin Greenwald wrote:

>>>You need to unzip it into a directory and then double click the icon in
>>>that directory.
>>>

>>Sorry if I didn't make my self clear enough: this is exactly what I did.
>>Beat
>>

> I can't think of anything but to ask the obvious: are you sure you
> downloded the right build for your OS?

yes, that was ok, but as Quivis sggested, I didnt create the dirs on
unzipping: now it works. Thanks for all your help
Beat