Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > [QUIZ] Animal Quiz (#15)

[QUIZ] Animal Quiz (#15)

why the lucky stiff

Jim Weirich wrote:

>On Friday 14 January 2005 09:23 am, Ruby Quiz wrote:
>

>>Here's a program I've had a lot of fun with and might make a good Ruby
>>Quiz entry. The program is a animal quiz program.
>>
>>It works like this. The program starts by telling the user to think
>>of an animal. It then begins asking a series of yes/no questions
>>about that animal: does it swim, does it have hair, etc. ...
>>

>Here's my solution ...
>
>#-- animals.rb ----------------------------------------------
>#!/usr/bin/env ruby
>
>require 'yaml'
>require 'ui'

These solutions are reminding me a lot of the install script that's used
with Hobix. The script basically reads a YAML document that describes
the installation flow and contains the Hobix distribution.

Script: <http://go.hobix.com/0.3/>
YAML: <http://go.hobix.com/0.3/hobix-install.yaml>

It's such a great quiz, though, because we could use the exercise of
improving our app's interaction with users.

_why

James Edward Gray II

On Jan 17, 2005, at 11:19 PM, Jim Weirich wrote:

> On Friday 14 January 2005 09:23 am, Ruby Quiz wrote:
>> It works like this. The program starts by telling the user to think
>> of an animal. It then begins asking a series of yes/no questions
>> about that animal: does it swim, does it have hair, etc. Eventually,
>> it will narrow down the possibilities to a single animal and guess
>> that (Is it a mouse?).

> For a very impressive version of this game, see http://20q.com.

I really like how that one lists all the questions and their answers as
it works.

James Edward Gray II