Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How to STOP ASP.NET from shutting down at night.

How to STOP ASP.NET from shutting down at night.

rooster575

When asp.net is idle for xx minutes, it shuts down until the next request.
How can I make this time 72 hours so the process is NEVER restarted by
asp.net?

Thanks.

Lau Lei Cheong

According to what I know, ASP.NET process shutdown immediately upon return
of a POST. (That's HTTP connection, not FTP/Telnet/SSH)

If what you mean is timeout, that's quite another thing. Through I see no
reason to extend the timeout to 72 hours as it'll make you server extremely
vulnerable to DOS attack.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

"rooster575" <(E-Mail Removed)> bl
news:(E-Mail Removed) g...