Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > '[OFF]' as in 'offensive'???

'[OFF]' as in 'offensive'???

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt

Hi,

given that 'off-topicness' is indicated as '[OT]' and taking a look at
those postings that started the threads indicated as '[OFF]' (which may
both be seen as being somewhat offensive) may lead to the conclusion
that '[OFF]' stands for offensiveness.

I don't think that this is the intended meaning so what actually *does*
'[OFF]' mean? I never came across that abbreviation before (although I
have been around on the USENET for quite some time) but maybe it is
worth knowing?

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt NOTE: mails >100 KiB are ignored
--
German edition of comp.lang.ruby FAQ - http://oss.erdfunkstelle.de/ruby/
Aurox Linux - http://qurl.net/7q | http://qurl.net/7r - Firefox

Carlos

[Josef 'Jupp' Schugt <(E-Mail Removed)>, 2004-12-10 23.20 CET]
> I don't think that this is the intended meaning so what actually *does*
> '[OFF]' mean?

Off-topic.