Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > avoid shell opening new window

avoid shell opening new window

Oskar Wild

Hello,

when I'm double-clicking URLs in other programs,
Mozilla opens a new window every time.

Can anyone point me to the setting which disables
this behaviour and allows me opening the links in
the currently active window?

thx
Ossi

Irwin Greenwald

On 10/13/2003 7:46 AM, Oskar Wild wrote:

>Hello,
>
>when I'm double-clicking URLs in other programs,
>Mozilla opens a new window every time.
>
>Can anyone point me to the setting which disables
>this behaviour and allows me opening the links in
>the currently active window?
>
>thx
>Ossi

Have you tried single clicking?

--
Irwin Greenwald
Mozilla Champion

Demoness Abigor

Oskar Wild wrote:

> Hello,
>
> when I'm double-clicking URLs in other programs,
> Mozilla opens a new window every time.
>
> Can anyone point me to the setting which disables
> this behaviour and allows me opening the links in
> the currently active window?
>
> thx
> Ossi

I'm not by any means a master at Mozilla but perhaps the links your
clicking on were coded to open in a new window. I can open the majority
in a tab on firebird but the others, if I'm not aware already, I have to
paste in the browser tab.

Hope that helps

--
|Demoness Abigor|net.goth|The Pinkest Deceptagon in da world!
| http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)| http://goddess_abigor.livejournal.com
|AIM|AbigorBot|
|Josh: you mentioned Transformers! and didn't use the words "are lame"
in the same sentence! you are my dream girl!
|JROCKROLEPLAY at Live Journal| http://www.earth-inferno.com/jrockroleplay/

Oskar Wild

no, I wrote if I double-click an URL in *another* program,
not in Mozilla.

thanks
Ossi

Leonidas Jones

Oskar Wild wrote:

> no, I wrote if I double-click an URL in *another* program,
> not in Mozilla.
>
> thanks
> Ossi

Irwin's question is still valid, depending on the program. In exactly
what programs do you notice this problem? In Thunderbird, when I click
a link,it opens in a new tab in FIrebird, but the settings to change
this are in Tab Browser Extensions. Are you using thins extension?

Lee
--
Leonidas Jones
Mozilla Champion