Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > IsValid always returns true on server-side under FireFox 0.9

IsValid always returns true on server-side under FireFox 0.9

Jeremy

The code is in a server control:

If Me.Page.IsValid Then
ExecuteSomething
End If

ExecuteSomething is always called and the validators always return True for
IsValid, even though their properties would indicate that they are invalid
(RequiredField validator, InitialValue = "", CurrentValue = "", IsValid =
True). Any idea why this is happening? It's driving me crazy...

Thanks,
Jeremy

Nicole Calinoiu

Jeremy,

As per the documentation for the IsValid property, call the Page.Validate
method before using the property.

HTH,
Nicole

"Jeremy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ScVEc.8939$(E-Mail Removed)...
> The code is in a server control:
>
> If Me.Page.IsValid Then
> ExecuteSomething
> End If
>
> ExecuteSomething is always called and the validators always return True
> for
> IsValid, even though their properties would indicate that they are invalid
> (RequiredField validator, InitialValue = "", CurrentValue = "", IsValid =
> True). Any idea why this is happening? It's driving me crazy...
>
> Thanks,
> Jeremy

Jeremy

> As per the documentation for the IsValid property, call the Page.Validate
> method before using the property.

*doh*

Thanks!