Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Ruby/DL tutorial

Ruby/DL tutorial

Benjamin Peterson

Hi,

Would there be any takers if I made a rough English translation of
the Ruby/DL tutorial at http://ttsky.net/ruby/ruby-dl.html?

Benjamin

Michael DeHaan

Ruby/DL is a feature I plan to use often ... yes, I'd really like to see it.

--MPD

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 03:42:59 +0900, Benjamin Peterson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Would there be any takers if I made a rough English translation of
> the Ruby/DL tutorial at http://ttsky.net/ruby/ruby-dl.html?
>
> Benjamin

Kevin Howe

"Michael DeHaan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ruby/DL is a feature I plan to use often ... yes, I'd really like to see

it.

I'll second that, the more DL documentation the better

kh

Phil Tomson

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
Benjamin Peterson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Hi,
>
> Would there be any takers if I made a rough English translation of
>the Ruby/DL tutorial at http://ttsky.net/ruby/ruby-dl.html?

Yes Please!

Phil

Guillaume Marcais

On Wed, 2004-11-24 at 13:42, Benjamin Peterson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Would there be any takers if I made a rough English translation of
> the Ruby/DL tutorial at http://ttsky.net/ruby/ruby-dl.html?
>
> Benjamin

Definitly!

Guillaume.

Dave Burt

+1

"Benjamin Peterson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Would there be any takers if I made a rough English translation of
> the Ruby/DL tutorial at http://ttsky.net/ruby/ruby-dl.html?
>
> Benjamin

gabriele renzi

Dave Burt ha scritto:
> +1

takers.succ!

Sam Roberts

Quoteing http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed), on Thu, Nov 25, 2004 at 04:38:00AM +0900:
> "Michael DeHaan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Ruby/DL is a feature I plan to use often ... yes, I'd really like to see

> it.
>
> I'll second that, the more DL documentation the better

Me, too. I'm planning on using it soon, I think it does what I need, but
some docs would help me figure that out!

Sam

J. D.

Benjamin Peterson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Would there be any takers if I made a rough English translation of
> the Ruby/DL tutorial at http://ttsky.net/ruby/ruby-dl.html?
>
> Benjamin

Thanks! But I'm getting a 403 FORBIDDEN error when I try to look at the
samples...

Luc Heinrich

Benjamin Peterson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Would there be any takers if I made a rough English translation of
> the Ruby/DL tutorial at http://ttsky.net/ruby/ruby-dl.html?

I have the japanese PDF, and all I can read in it is the ruby code. A
translation would definitely be welcome to provide some context

Speaking of which, is there any way to handle variadic function
generically ? That is, instead of re-fetching the symbol each time with
a different signature ? I guess that this would mean that Ruby/DL would
have to guess how to translate each parameters to their C equivalent and
that there would be some cases where it wouldn't be possible to do it
automatically. Maybe by passing a signature when *calling* the symbol in
some way ? Thoughts ?

--
Luc Heinrich - (E-Mail Removed)