Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > bug in rubygarden's link spam protection?

Reply
Thread Tools

bug in rubygarden's link spam protection?

 
 
Sam Roberts
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-13-2004
I'm trying to edit

http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?actio...VimRubySupport

I've added a few lines, with NO urls, and I hit "preview"...

Bang: Edit cancelled, Illegal External Links

Is this intended? Are they even broken?

Cheers,
Sam



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
David A. Black
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-13-2004
Hi --

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004, Sam Roberts wrote:

> I'm trying to edit
>
> http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?actio...VimRubySupport
>
> I've added a few lines, with NO urls, and I hit "preview"...
>
> Bang: Edit cancelled, Illegal External Links
>
> Is this intended? Are they even broken?


The illegal URLs were there already; you have to fix them, even if you
didn't add them. (I've fixed them for you.)


David

--
David A. Black
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Sam Roberts
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-13-2004
Quoteing (E-Mail Removed), on Sun, Nov 14, 2004 at 05:57:17AM +0900:
> Hi --
>
> On Sun, 14 Nov 2004, Sam Roberts wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to edit
> >
> > http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?actio...VimRubySupport
> >
> > I've added a few lines, with NO urls, and I hit "preview"...
> >
> > Bang: Edit cancelled, Illegal External Links
> >
> > Is this intended? Are they even broken?

>
> The illegal URLs were there already; you have to fix them, even if you
> didn't add them. (I've fixed them for you.)


Ok, I wasn't sure, thanks for doing it!

Sam




 
Reply With Quote
 
Sam Roberts
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-13-2004
Quoteing (E-Mail Removed), on Sun, Nov 14, 2004 at 05:57:17AM +0900:
> On Sun, 14 Nov 2004, Sam Roberts wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to edit
> >
> > http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?actio...VimRubySupport
> >
> > I've added a few lines, with NO urls, and I hit "preview"...
> >
> > Bang: Edit cancelled, Illegal External Links
> >
> > Is this intended? Are they even broken?

>
> The illegal URLs were there already; you have to fix them, even if you
> didn't add them. (I've fixed them for you.)


Thanks for that.

I just added a section, Improving Ruby Tags Support, I can see it on the
page, but I want to make a minor edit to fix a formatting problem.

When I edit, I see the page BEFORE the edits I just committed.

Is this just me, a bug in my browser cache, maybe?

Or am I in too much of a hurry, does the page need time to hit a database,
before it can be edited again?

Thanks,
Sam



 
Reply With Quote
 
Sam Roberts
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-13-2004
Quoteing (E-Mail Removed), on Sun, Nov 14, 2004 at 07:57:08AM +0900:
> I just added a section, Improving Ruby Tags Support, I can see it on the
> page, but I want to make a minor edit to fix a formatting problem.
>
> When I edit, I see the page BEFORE the edits I just committed.


I see the real thing now. Hm.

Sam



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spam-Spam and more Spam C A Preston Computer Support 2 04-12-2004 07:15 PM



Advertisments