Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Help adding X-No-Archive: Yes header

Help adding X-No-Archive: Yes header

:: brian ::

Could someone explain how to add the header X-No-Archive: Yes to
Thunderbird? I found one post on the forum saying what to do, but it
doesn't seem to work for me. I guess I'm doing something wrong, so any
help is greatly appreciated.

--
Brian

Quivis

In article <JzZhb.78851$a16.39001@lakeread01>, :: brian :: <user@
127.0.0.1> says...

-> Could someone explain how to add the header X-No-Archive: Yes to
-> Thunderbird? I found one post on the forum saying what to do, but it
-> doesn't seem to work for me. I guess I'm doing something wrong, so any
-> help is greatly appreciated.

If you don't find a solution to your problem, you can glue that line of
text into the message body. That should work as well.

Perhaps it needs to go at the very top, I don't know. But I recall
reading about that you could use the message body in readers that don't
let you add any custom headers.

You can test this by adding your "header" to the body and after a
couple of days check groups.google.com for your entry. If it's not
there, it worked. Remember to use something special on the subject line
so it's easier to search for it later.

Whether or not you can add custom headers in Mozilla, I don't know. I
don't use it for news.

HTH

Q.

..brian..

:: brian :: wrote:
> Could someone explain how to add the header X-No-Archive: Yes to
> Thunderbird? I found one post on the forum saying what to do, but it
> doesn't seem to work for me. I guess I'm doing something wrong, so any
> help is greatly appreciated.

Well I figured it out. It's too bad it's not in a drop-down menu
somewhere, so I could change it per-message.

--
Brian

Quivis

In article <DZmib.81330$a16.49565@lakeread01>, user@127.0.0.1 says...

8>< /snip
-> Well I figured it out. It's too bad it's not in a drop-down menu
-> somewhere, so I could change it per-message.

Some of the other news readers have that feature. The one I use, for
instance, has it.

Now that you've figured it out, perhaps you could share the info with
the rest of the crowd...?

Even though I don't use Mozilla for news, somebody else might be
interested in knowing what to do...just a thought...and the rest might
be interested to know what to answer the next guy who asks the same
question...in case you're not around....

Q.