Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > irb, Fedora Core 2

irb, Fedora Core 2

Robert Love

I'm wanting to play/learn Ruby. I have a Fedora core 2 system that has
ruby 1.8.1 installed but I can't find irb. Should it be there? Is that
part of the Ruby base system or is it an add on? Can I get just irb?

Thanks for all pointers.

Ara.T.Howard@noaa.gov

On Mon, 26 Oct 2004, Robert Love wrote:

> I'm wanting to play/learn Ruby. I have a Fedora core 2 system that has
> ruby 1.8.1 installed but I can't find irb. Should it be there? Is that
> part of the Ruby base system or is it an add on? Can I get just irb?
>
> Thanks for all pointers.

rpm doesn't install it. install from tar.gz.

-a
| PHONE :: 303.497.6469
| When you do something, you should burn yourself completely, like a good
| bonfire, leaving no trace of yourself. --Shunryu Suzuki

Jamis Buck

Robert Love wrote:
> I'm wanting to play/learn Ruby. I have a Fedora core 2 system that has
> ruby 1.8.1 installed but I can't find irb. Should it be there? Is that
> part of the Ruby base system or is it an add on? Can I get just irb?
>
> Thanks for all pointers.

IIRC, Fedora has a separate irb rpm you have to install. It's been a few
years since I played on a RedHat system, so I can't remember exactly
what it's called, but maybe that will be enough to point you in the
right direction?

Good luck,

Jamis

--
Jamis Buck
http://www.jamisbuck.org/jamis

Gianni Jacklone

Robert Love wrote:

>I'm wanting to play/learn Ruby. I have a Fedora core 2 system that has
>ruby 1.8.1 installed but I can't find irb. Should it be there? Is that
>part of the Ruby base system or is it an add on? Can I get just irb?
>
>Thanks for all pointers.

Sorry I'm a little late but...

yum install irb

...should do it.

Cheers,
Gianni

Robert Love

In <(E-Mail Removed)> Gianni Jacklone wrote:
> Robert Love wrote:
>
>>I'm wanting to play/learn Ruby. I have a Fedora core 2 system that
>>has ruby 1.8.1 installed but I can't find irb. Should it be there?
>>Is that part of the Ruby base system or is it an add on? Can I get
>>just irb? Thanks for all pointers.
>>

> Sorry I'm a little late but...
>
> yum install irb
>
> ...should do it.

Yes, it did. Thanks.

Mozilla Browser Won't Run on FC3 (Fedora Core 3) Scott Gravenhorst Firefox 1 04-12-2006 06:45 PM
Fedora Core 3 & Core 4 Password questions Brandon Computer Security 4 08-15-2005 04:30 AM
JAR help in FEDORA CORE 2 Trent Java 1 05-28-2004 07:32 AM
fedora core 1 and mozilla 1.4.1 joost68 Firefox 1 05-14-2004 09:20 PM

Advertisments