Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > ruby snapshot, FXRuby, and "already initialized constant"

ruby snapshot, FXRuby, and "already initialized constant"

Joel VanderWerf

Hi, with today's 1.9 snapshot, the fox.so gives a lot of warnings about
redefined constants:

$ ruby image.rb 2>&1 | grep ID_LAST
/usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9/i686-linux/fox.so: warning: already
initialized constant ID_LAST

(270 copies of this message and messages for many other constants as well)

$ ruby -v
ruby 1.9.0 (2004-10-25) [i686-linux]

My FXRuby is version 1.0.29.

The latest stable snapshot does not have this behavior. The 1.9 snapshot
from about a week ago did not either (with the same fox.so).

I don't see anything obvious in the ChangeLog that would account for
this. Is this fixable?

Joel VanderWerf

Joel VanderWerf wrote:

> Hi, with today's 1.9 snapshot, the fox.so gives a lot of warnings about
> redefined constants:
>
> $ ruby image.rb 2>&1 | grep ID_LAST
> /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9/i686-linux/fox.so: warning: already
> initialized constant ID_LAST
>
> (270 copies of this message and messages for many other constants as well)
>
> $ ruby -v
> ruby 1.9.0 (2004-10-25) [i686-linux]
>
> My FXRuby is version 1.0.29.
>
> The latest stable snapshot does not have this behavior. The 1.9 snapshot
> from about a week ago did not either (with the same fox.so).
>
> I don't see anything obvious in the ChangeLog that would account for
> this. Is this fixable?

Still happening as of today's (2004-11-04) snapshot of 1.9. Is anybody
else seeing this or is it a misconfiguration on my isntallation?