Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > A Ruwiki release question

A Ruwiki release question

Austin Ziegler

Okay. I have a dilemma.

Ruwiki 0.9.0 is essentially ready (modulo some polishing and language
stuff) for release. However, it will NOT include the text-captcha
modules discussed in the Garden Spam thread. Nor will it include
IP-banning (a necessary, but annoying component -- this should reduce
the possibility of DoSing a Ruwiki site).

Some of this isn't done easily under the current pipeline. It will
take me most of the next month to get the new pipeline in, but in
doing so, I will also get the plugin architecture for authentication,
for captchas, etc. in place and reasonably complete.

Should I spend the week prepping Ruwiki 0.9.0 for release, even though
I know it won't meet what people are wanting, or should I start
ripping the guts for the replacement?

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
* Alternate: (E-Mail Removed)

trans. (T. Onoma)

On Monday 25 October 2004 03:18 pm, Austin Ziegler wrote:
| Okay. I have a dilemma.
|
| Ruwiki 0.9.0 is essentially ready (modulo some polishing and language
| stuff) for release. However, it will NOT include the text-captcha
| modules discussed in the Garden Spam thread. Nor will it include
| IP-banning (a necessary, but annoying component -- this should reduce
| the possibility of DoSing a Ruwiki site).
|
| Some of this isn't done easily under the current pipeline. It will
| take me most of the next month to get the new pipeline in, but in
| doing so, I will also get the plugin architecture for authentication,
| for captchas, etc. in place and reasonably complete.
|
| Should I spend the week prepping Ruwiki 0.9.0 for release, even though
| I know it won't meet what people are wanting, or should I start
| ripping the guts for the replacement?

1 week compared to 4 or 5? Go ahead and rip.

MHO,
T.

gabriele renzi

trans. (T. Onoma) ha scritto:

> 1 week compared to 4 or 5? Go ahead and rip.

+1

[ANN] Ruwiki 0.8.0 Austin Ziegler Ruby 2 08-16-2004 10:14 AM
Upcoming release of Ruwiki needs some testers... Austin Ziegler Ruby 2 08-04-2004 12:43 PM
[ANN] Ruwiki 0.7 Released Austin Ziegler Ruby 0 04-26-2004 04:28 AM
[ANN] Ruwiki 0.6.1 Austin Ziegler Ruby 0 10-20-2003 10:30 PM
[ANN] Ruwiki 0.6.0 Austin Ziegler Ruby 0 10-09-2003 09:16 PM

Advertisments