Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > new to mozilla

new to mozilla

Tendril

Also had imported IE favourites in it

"Leonidas Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ce1ib.172872$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Tendril wrote:
> > new to profiles. What is the correct method please?

> Start>>Programs>>Mozilla>>Profile Manager. In Profile Manager, click
> Create Profile. Open Moz in the new profile and see if your settings
> will stick.
>
> Lee
> >
> > "Leonidas Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:Wv0ib.176798$(E-Mail Removed)...

> > as

> > reopening

> > time

setting,

say

> > but

exactly

> >>Another thought. If you have an existing NS6+ version installed and are
> >>sharing a profile, all sorts of strange things can happen. Again, I
> >>think the best course is to try a new profile and see if the problem
> >>exists in that. If a new profile behaves correctly, the problem is in
> >>the profile.
> >>
> >>Lee

Leonidas Jones

Tendril wrote:
> Also had imported IE favourites in it

> "Leonidas Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ce1ib.172872$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Tendril wrote:
>>
>>>new to profiles. What is the correct method please?

>>Start>>Programs>>Mozilla>>Profile Manager. In Profile Manager, click
>>Create Profile. Open Moz in the new profile and see if your settings
>>will stick.
>>
>>Lee
>>
>>>"Leonidas Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:Wv0ib.176798$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>>as

>>>reopening

>>>time

> setting,

> say

>>>but

> exactly

Dynamite!!! So it was an old profile with a problem.

Do you have any old mail you need to brong over, or are you set!

Lee

Tendril

I use outlook 2000 for mail and news, I'm happy with that. What would be the
outcome of uninstalling IE (and how can I force windows update to use moz
now instead of IE (or cant I))

"Leonidas Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:7t1ib.172882$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Tendril wrote:
> > Also had imported IE favourites in it

> > "Leonidas Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:ce1ib.172872$(E-Mail Removed)...

> >>Start>>Programs>>Mozilla>>Profile Manager. In Profile Manager, click
> >>Create Profile. Open Moz in the new profile and see if your settings
> >>will stick.
> >>
> >>Lee

opens

if

> > setting,

really

> > say

installed,

se)

when

> > exactly

or

are

> Dynamite!!! So it was an old profile with a problem.
>
> Do you have any old mail you need to brong over, or are you set!
>
> Lee

Leonidas Jones

Tendril wrote:
> I use outlook 2000 for mail and news, I'm happy with that. What would be the
> outcome of uninstalling IE (and how can I force windows update to use moz
> now instead of IE (or cant I))

If you are using win98 up, you can't uninstall IE, its completely
integrated into the shell of the OS. Well, you can, but its usually not
worth the effort. If you are on 95, you should be able to uninstall via
add/remove programs.

Seems to me I just saw something on windows update and Moz. I'll see if
I can find it.

Lee

> "Leonidas Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:7t1ib.172882$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Tendril wrote:
>>
>>>Also had imported IE favourites in it

>>>"Leonidas Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:ce1ib.172872$(E-Mail Removed)...

> opens

> if

>>>setting,

> really

>>>say

> installed,

> se)

> when

>>>exactly

> or

> are

>>Dynamite!!! So it was an old profile with a problem.
>>
>>Do you have any old mail you need to brong over, or are you set!
>>
>>Lee

Leonidas Jones

Leonidas Jones wrote:
> Tendril wrote:
>
>> I use outlook 2000 for mail and news, I'm happy with that. What would
>> be the
>> outcome of uninstalling IE (and how can I force windows update to use moz
>> now instead of IE (or cant I))

> If you are using win98 up, you can't uninstall IE, its completely
> integrated into the shell of the OS. Well, you can, but its usually not
> worth the effort. If you are on 95, you should be able to uninstall via
> add/remove programs.
>
> Seems to me I just saw something on windows update and Moz. I'll see if
> I can find it.
>
> Lee
>

>> "Leonidas Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:7t1ib.172882$(E-Mail Removed)...

>> opens

>> if

>> really

>> installed,

>> se)

>> when

>> or

>> are

>>> Dynamite!!! So it was an old profile with a problem.
>>>
>>> Do you have any old mail you need to brong over, or are you set!
>>>
>>> Lee

Well, doesn't look like it is possible to use windows update other than
with IE. Sorry.

Lee

Tendril

God damn Billyware lol