Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > [info] rpa auto-updates; first time experience

Reply
Thread Tools

[info] rpa auto-updates; first time experience

 
 
Peña, Botp
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-28-2004
This is my first experience on rpa's autoupdate feature.
Thank you Mauricio (aka batsman).

kind regards -botp

------------------------

C:\family\ruby>rpa update
Getting port info from http://rpa-base.rubyforge.org/ports/ports.info.
100% [========================================] 83331 bytes

Ports added since the last update (in the last 14 days):
ansicolor 0.0.3-2 Library to color strings using ANSI escape sequences.
rubilicius 0.1.0-1 Delicious (http://del.icio.us/) bindings in pure
Ruby.

Ports updated since the last update (in the last 14 days):
archive-tar-minitar 0.5.0-1 -> 0.5.1-1
bluecloth 0.0.3b-1 -> 1.0.0-1
diff-lcs 1.1.0-1 -> 1.1.2-2
extensions 0.3.0-1 -> 0.4.0-1
rpa-base 0.2.1-9 -> 0.2.1-10


** New version of rpa-base available, will install it. **

Installing ports
Getting port rpa-base from
http://rpa-base.rubyforge.org/ports/...e_0.2.1-10.rps.
100% [========================================] 58880 bytes
Defaults loaded...
Recovering defaults...
Building rpa-base (0.2.1-10).
Fixed shebang in rpa/tmp/bin/rpa.
Fixed shebang in rpa/tmp/bin/rpa-buildport.
Fixed shebang in rpa/tmp/bin/rpa-buildrepos.rb.
Fixed shebang in rpa/tmp/bin/rpaadmin.
Calculating MD5 digests.
Building package in rpa-base_0.2.1-10_i386-pc-mswin32.rpa.
Installing rpa-base
Reusing cached package
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/rpa0.0/packages/rpa-base_0.2.1-10_i386-pc-mswin32.rpa.
Starting lightweight (metadata only) transaction for rpa-base
Checking for file conflicts in rpa-base.
Starting transaction for rpa-base
Preparing to replace rpa-base 0.2.1-9 with
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/rpa0.0/packages/rpa-base_0.2.1-10_i386-p
Package
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/rpa0.0/packages/rpa-base_0.2.1-10_i386-pc-mswin32.rpa
unpacked.
Finished transaction for rpa-base
Starting lightweight (metadata only) transaction for rpa-base
Finished lightweight (metadata only) transaction for rpa-base
Finished lightweight (metadata only) transaction for rpa-base
Committed changes




 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Mauricio Fernández
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-28-2004
On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 04:00:08PM +0900, "Peña, Botp" wrote:
> This is my first experience on rpa's autoupdate feature.


Self-upgrade isn't atomic yet, but nobody has complained about that
so it must not be that important (in fact nobody seems to care about
atomicity at all .

> Thank you Mauricio (aka batsman).

=======
My case-sensitive eyes appreciate

> C:\family\ruby>rpa update
> Getting port info from http://rpa-base.rubyforge.org/ports/ports.info.
> 100% [========================================] 83331 bytes
>
> Ports added since the last update (in the last 14 days):

============
Is 14 days OK, or maybe too short? I could also make it 'added/updated
since the last update', period...

> ansicolor 0.0.3-2 Library to color strings using ANSI escape sequences.
> rubilicius 0.1.0-1 Delicious (http://del.icio.us/) bindings in pure
> Ruby.
>
> Ports updated since the last update (in the last 14 days):
> archive-tar-minitar 0.5.0-1 -> 0.5.1-1
> bluecloth 0.0.3b-1 -> 1.0.0-1
> diff-lcs 1.1.0-1 -> 1.1.2-2
> extensions 0.3.0-1 -> 0.4.0-1
> rpa-base 0.2.1-9 -> 0.2.1-10
>
>
> ** New version of rpa-base available, will install it. **
>
> Installing ports
> Getting port rpa-base from
> http://rpa-base.rubyforge.org/ports/...e_0.2.1-10.rps.
> 100% [========================================] 58880 bytes
> Defaults loaded...
> Recovering defaults...
> Building rpa-base (0.2.1-10).
> Fixed shebang in rpa/tmp/bin/rpa.
> Fixed shebang in rpa/tmp/bin/rpa-buildport.
> Fixed shebang in rpa/tmp/bin/rpa-buildrepos.rb.
> Fixed shebang in rpa/tmp/bin/rpaadmin.
> Calculating MD5 digests.
> Building package in rpa-base_0.2.1-10_i386-pc-mswin32.rpa.
> Installing rpa-base
> Reusing cached package
> c:/ruby/lib/ruby/rpa0.0/packages/rpa-base_0.2.1-10_i386-pc-mswin32.rpa.
> Starting lightweight (metadata only) transaction for rpa-base
> Checking for file conflicts in rpa-base.
> Starting transaction for rpa-base
> Preparing to replace rpa-base 0.2.1-9 with
> c:/ruby/lib/ruby/rpa0.0/packages/rpa-base_0.2.1-10_i386-p
> Package
> c:/ruby/lib/ruby/rpa0.0/packages/rpa-base_0.2.1-10_i386-pc-mswin32.rpa
> unpacked.
> Finished transaction for rpa-base
> Starting lightweight (metadata only) transaction for rpa-base
> Finished lightweight (metadata only) transaction for rpa-base
> Finished lightweight (metadata only) transaction for rpa-base
> Committed changes



--
Running Debian GNU/Linux Sid (unstable)
batsman dot geo at yahoo dot com



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
David Ross
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-28-2004
Mauricio Fernández wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 04:00:08PM +0900, "Peña, Botp" wrote:
>
>>This is my first experience on rpa's autoupdate feature.

>
>
> Self-upgrade isn't atomic yet, but nobody has complained about that
> so it must not be that important (in fact nobody seems to care about
> atomicity at all .
>
>
>>Thank you Mauricio (aka batsman).


Thats because the atomicity has prevented problems that would have been
caused otherwise. If you use FreeBSD ports, you will know what I mean
when during post-install scripts just screw up because of a software bug
from the packaged softwre. Atomicity is important

--dross


 
Reply With Quote
 
Aredridel
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-29-2004
On Wed, 2004-09-29 at 07:23 +0900, Mauricio Fernández wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 04:00:08PM +0900, "Peña, Botp" wrote:
> > This is my first experience on rpa's autoupdate feature.

>
> Self-upgrade isn't atomic yet, but nobody has complained about that
> so it must not be that important (in fact nobody seems to care about
> atomicity at all .


Nobody cares until they hit the interrupt key and have to go clean up.

Atomicity is a good thing, but if it works, nobody notices.


> > Ports added since the last update (in the last 14 days):

> ============
> Is 14 days OK, or maybe too short? I could also make it 'added/updated
> since the last update', period...


I'd love it if it was since last update. I'd rather see too much
information than have the sense that I missed something.




 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
rpa update request Peña, Botp Ruby 8 09-05-2004 07:08 PM
[ANN] rpa-base 0.2.1pre1 Mauricio Fernández Ruby 3 08-22-2004 11:29 PM
rpa-base, ruby-gems and native package installers Ruben Ruby 5 08-18-2004 04:00 PM
[ANN] rpa-base 0.2.0 Mauricio Fernández Ruby 11 08-10-2004 11:05 AM
[ANN] rpa-base 0.1.0 "kitanai" Mauricio Fernández Ruby 7 06-20-2004 11:42 PM



Advertisments