Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > [Nuby on instiki/wiki] Putting images on an instiki page

[Nuby on instiki/wiki] Putting images on an instiki page

Peña, Botp

Hi,

I want to put an image on a page in instiki. Instiki says I could use
!ImageUrl!. But where should I put the actual image -under ./storage or
/storage/2500? How do I address the image url then if it's under ./storage?

Sorry for dumb question.

note, I'm not running any other webserver, just instiki (w builtin webrick
of course).

kind regards -botp

David Heinemeier Hansson

> I want to put an image on a page in instiki. Instiki says I could use
> !ImageUrl!. But where should I put the actual image -under ./storage or
> ./storage/2500? How do I address the image url then if it's under
> ./storage?

There's currently no way to do that. The !ImageUrl! is for linking to
images off another webserver. We got a few schemes cooking to implement
real file uploads in Instiki and there's even a patch proposal on the
wiki you can apply. But nothing in the official distribution yet.
--
David Heinemeier Hansson,
http://www.rubyonrails.org/ -- Web-application framework for Ruby