Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Garden Wiki page Deleted?

Garden Wiki page Deleted?

T. Onoma

I had a page on the Garden Wiki called ThoughtsOnRubyShortcomings. While it
may not have had the most flattering of titles, it nonetheless had some
interesting (IMHO) thoughts on it. So my question is: why was it deleted?

I can only conclude that either A) it got caught up in all this wiki spam back
peddling, or B) someone deleted b/c of the title.

In either case, is there a way to get it back? I will delete it myself if no
one wants it around --just as long as I can get a personal copy of it first.

Thanks,
T.

Cristi BALAN

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 07:04:59 +0900, T. Onoma <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I had a page on the Garden Wiki called ThoughtsOnRubyShortcomings. While it
> may not have had the most flattering of titles, it nonetheless had some
> interesting (IMHO) thoughts on it. So my question is: why was it deleted?
>
> I can only conclude that either A) it got caught up in all this wiki spam back
> peddling, or B) someone deleted b/c of the title.
>
> In either case, is there a way to get it back? I will delete it myself if no
> one wants it around --just as long as I can get a personal copy of it first.
>
> Thanks,
> T.

FYI, it's still in the google cache, and I just saved it for you in
case it gets removed or updated to a version that just says "deleted"
until you get it.

http://66.102.11.104/search?q=cache:...tcomings&hl=en

--
Cristi BALAN

Bill Guindon

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 07:48:05 +0900, Cristi BALAN <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 07:04:59 +0900, T. Onoma <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > I had a page on the Garden Wiki called ThoughtsOnRubyShortcomings. While it
> > may not have had the most flattering of titles, it nonetheless had some
> > interesting (IMHO) thoughts on it. So my question is: why was it deleted?
> >
> > I can only conclude that either A) it got caught up in all this wiki spam back
> > peddling, or B) someone deleted b/c of the title.
> >
> > In either case, is there a way to get it back? I will delete it myself if no
> > one wants it around --just as long as I can get a personal copy of it first.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > T.
> >

> FYI, it's still in the google cache, and I just saved it for you in
> case it gets removed or updated to a version that just says "deleted"
> until you get it.
>
> http://66.102.11.104/search?q=cache:...tcomings&hl=en
>
> --
> Cristi BALAN

Restored a more recent revision from the wiki itself (with minor edits)
http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?Thoug...byShortcomings
http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?actio...gs&revision=20

had seen that title, and was wondering what that page was. now I know

T. Onoma

On Friday 27 August 2004 07:08 pm, Bill Guindon wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 07:48:05 +0900, Cristi BALAN <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > FYI, it's still in the google cache, and I just saved it for you in
> > case it gets removed or updated to a version that just says "deleted"
> > until you get it.
> >
> > http://66.102.11.104/search?q=cache:...rden.org/ruby%
> >3FThoughtsOnRubyShortcomings+ThoughtsOnRubyShortc omings&hl=en
> >
> > --
> > Cristi BALAN

> Restored a more recent revision from the wiki itself (with minor edits)
> http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?Thoug...byShortcomings
> http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?actio...yShortcomings&
>revision=20
>
> had seen that title, and was wondering what that page was. now I know

Bless you both!

T.

Bill Guindon

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 11:14:57 +0900, T. Onoma <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > Restored a more recent revision from the wiki itself (with minor edits)
> > http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?Thoug...byShortcomings
> > http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?actio...yShortcomings&
> >revision=20
> >
> > had seen that title, and was wondering what that page was. now I know

> Bless you both!

Happy to help.

I seriously doubt the deletion was intentional. It's a fairly mild
page, and it's just constructive criticism. It's not like it's an
'attack' page, and I'd like to think even an attack page wouldn't get
deleted. I'm sticking to that story, but I have no way of knowing, as
I'm a Nuby myself.

For future sake... you can use the "View Other Revisions" link at the
bottom of the pages to see if there are older copies available.
That's how I found it.

Bill Guindon (aka aGorilla)

T. Onoma

On Friday 27 August 2004 11:55 pm, Bill Guindon wrote:
> Happy to help.
>
> I seriously doubt the deletion was intentional. It's a fairly mild
> page, and it's just constructive criticism. It's not like it's an
> 'attack' page, and I'd like to think even an attack page wouldn't get
> deleted. I'm sticking to that story, but I have no way of knowing, as
> I'm a Nuby myself.

Yes, I imagine so. But its a crazy world! Actually, my guess is this: somet
time ago I had deleted the page and put the word DELETE there. But it was
still there so I started using it again. Then it must have gotten spammed.
Some maintainer went to fix and saw the old revision of DELETE and obliged
me with DELETED. That's all I can think of --but it means there are some
problems with the spam rollbacks.

> For future sake... you can use the "View Other Revisions" link at the
> bottom of the pages to see if there are older copies available.
> That's how I found it.

Great tip. Thanks.

--
T.